CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE.

(Eric's Pov)

I left the house in a bad mood, slamming the front-door behind without a care that I might wake up Lea. I made my way over to my BMW, unlocking it open and closing the door roughly after I sat inside. 

"I...I want a divorce." 

My jaw clenched as my mind remembered her words. I started the engine, and pulled on the gear, driving my way out the garage. I sunk back with a sigh as I drove to Miller Inc building.

"You'll never love me."

I remember her shaky voice as she uttered those words. Her voice held pain, hurt and sadness. It didn't sound like my Lea talking. My Angel didn't talk like that. I remembered her response when I asked what had gotten into her.

"Love, Eric. It's helped me realize the sad truth - you'll never love me." 

I was taken aback by her words, a state of fucking shock. Where the fuck was this all coming from? - I thought we had progressed so well in our relationship.

"I want a divorce." 

I shook my head at myself, trying to erase the four painful words echoing around in my mind. It was as if they were mocking me, trying to get a reaction out of me. I reached out, turning on the radio, hoping it'd help me calm down.

The rest of the ride to work went by fast. The radio helped put my mind to ease and forget about Lea's words. I parked my car in my reserved area, pulling out my briefcase, before slamming the door shut. 

I lastly locked my car, before making way into the building. I passed the usual sight of my fearful employees working and sneaking glances at me as I made my way to my office. 

"Good Morning, Mr Miller." Were thrown around, but I paid no attention to them. I couldn't even muster up a false smile. I ignored them, clenching my jaw as I finally reached my office, not even sparing a glance at Janice. But I could feel her eyes on me.

I slammed my office door behind me and my way over to my desk. I sunk down into my chair, shaking my head at myself. I closed my eyes, letting out a deep breath.

"Son," I heard the familiar voice which belonged to my father. 

I couldn't deal with him right now.

"Not now, dad." I muttered, still keeping my eyes closed.

"Relax, I come in peace - just here to talk." He said, his voice sounding both calm and amused. I held in a comment, my eyes opening.

"What is it?" I sighed in annoyance. He arched a brow at me, coming forward to take a seat across from me.

"I'm here to discuss business." He paused, eyeing me with squinted eyes.

"What's wrong, son?" He questioned. I shook my head, sighing as I straightened up.

"Nothing. What were you here to talk about?" I cleared my throat, hoping to change the subject. 

"I was thinking it over and I think we should link Miller inc and Miller Enterprises.." He began, but I drained out the second he started explaining why. The event from yesterday replayed in my mind.

"What do you think?" He questioned, snapping me out of my thoughts. 

"Huh?" It flied from my lips before I was able to stop. He narrowed his brow, shaking his head at me.

"Son, I know there's something on your mind. It won't help if you keep it to yourself." He stated. I sighed, glancing at him.

"Lea wants to divorce." My tone was cold and deadly. His eyes widened and I held a straight face, awaiting his reaction.