CHAPTER TWELVE.

(Lea's Pov)

The red dress... 

NO... the black dress.

I let out a loud groan as I had trouble picking out which dress to wear. Tonight was Eric's business party. I had exactly three hours to get ready. I had showered, leaving me to style my hair, to dress and do my makeup.

I think I'll take the black one.

After all, it seems more professional and looks more suitable for a event like this. I didn't know much about where we would be going, but I knew it was important for Eric and his reputation as CEO. 

I sighed, taking the dress off its hanger and stripped down from clothing, which was simple sweats, considering I was lounging around the house and didn't need to dress up. I tried my hardest not to look down at the top of my thigh, knowing I would only be reminded of lurking memories.

I shoved the dress on and turned to look at myself in the mirror. The dress was a silky, black material, it was simply designed and reached the ground. But I felt as it it was missing some fabric from behind. I spun around on my heels and peered over my shoulder to get a better look at myself.

To my assumption, I was correct. It was backless from behind, but the cut wasn't too deep. I let out a breath and contemplated on how to do my hair. I went with straightening it and plugged in a straightener I had found earlier in a bathroom draw.

I waited until it was fully heated before I began straightening my hair. It took about half-an hour, but I eventually got there. I let out a sigh of relief, when noticing I didn't get burnt.

I shook off my thoughts and got out the bag full of makeup. If I were being honest, I didn't have much knowledge when it came to makeup. The last time I actually did my makeup was when I was a little thirteen year old girl, going through that stage.

Nevertheless, I began taking out the somewhat familiar things from the large makeup bag. I started off with foundation, I spread a little on my face and dabbed it in using a sponge. Next was mascara, I brushed it against my lashes making them look longer and light. Lastly, I smeared red lipstick across my lips.

I took a deep breath, preparing myself for my reflection. I opened my eyes and stared at myself in the mirror. I actually looked...pretty. My hair was straightened and shone slightly. My makeup was surprisingly good, good enough to make me look like a different person. Well, to me I sure did.

When I looked over my profile and was pleased with how I looked, I went to search through the closet for a pair of shoes. Rows and rows of expensive shoes were lined up. My eyes widened as I stared at all of them in awe. 

My hands landed on black heels with red bottoms. I always saw wealthy women wearing these and I always thought they were nice. Fortunately, they went along with my outfit. My liking grew for the pair of heels, when noticing the boost it gave me, making me both feel and look taller.

I gave myself one last glance in the mirror, before grabbing a black clutch, which went along with my outfit, and made my way downstairs. I wasn't an exact expert when it came to wearing heels, but when they weren't all too comfortable, I could fail miserably. 

My hands went out to clutch the stairs railing as I slowly moved down the stairs. It all felt like deja vu, as I made my way down the last step, I slipped on impact by hearing the familiar silk like voice.

A yelp left my lips and this time, I was more than ready to feel the cold hard wood floor to hit my back. But once again, like always, the familiar muscular arms wrapped around me and saved me from my fall. My eyes opened as I stared back into the powerful hazel ones.