CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT.

(Lea's Pov)

The next morning arrived and I awoke, feeling the air brush against my skin. I tried tugging down the dress shirt I wore which belonged to Eric. It took a moment, before everything from yesterday replayed in my mind.

A sigh left my lips. It was all still so clear in my mind. Every word, which left Eric's mouth; his confession and all his compliments - still so fresh.

I picked myself up from the leather sofa, feeling my eyes itch from the crying last night. I decided on freshening up, before I faced Eric. 

Later, I'd find the truth about Eric's drunken words.

I only hoped they were sober thoughts.

I made my way up stairs, passing by his room. I stripped from his dress shirt and entered the shower, letting the warm droplets run down my back. It was both soothing and relaxing, oddly putting both my mind at ease for the time being.

Once I had finished cleaning myself until I was satisfied, I stepped out and began drying myself with the soft, white towel. Finished with drying myself, I dressed into a simple outfit. A grey hem shirt and blue jeans, pairing it with white socks.

I left my hair out to dry naturally, picking up all my previously worn clothes and putting them inside of the laundry basket. Taking one last deep breath, I hesitantly peaked inside Eric's room. He was still in deep slumber.

I decided on making breakfast first; pancakes. It didn't take long. I stacked four in a plate for Eric. I drizzled a little syrup on it, before making my way up stairs. 

Hopefully, he would be awake by now.

And he was. He sat up in his bed, running a hand through his hair.

"Morning," I smiled small. He looked surprised at my sudden presence, but played it off.

"Morning." His raspy voice replied, his eyes fixed on my every movement.

"I-I made you breakfast." I said, placing them down on his dresser. He nodded, mumbling a small 'thank you'.

"Could you come here for a second, Lea?" He gently commanded. I bit down on my bottom lip, nervously approaching him. Suddenly, he took a hold of my hands, tugging me closer towards him.

"Do you remember last night?" He lowly asked, peering up at me.

"Yeah," I whispered, looking down at him. A sigh left his lips and he leaned forward, so his head was resting on my stomach. I tried to hide my surprise at his sudden gesture. Hesitantly, I reached out, running a hand through his golden locks. 

"I meant what I said and I'm sorry it wasn't in the best way - but I meant what I said." He mumbled, leaning further into my touch.

"S-So, you really like me?" I quietly asked, needing to know.

"Yes," I heard him say, making a smile grow on my lips. The air fell into a comfortable silence, I continued to run a hand through his hair as let out a relaxed groan.

"You should probably go shower, the food will get cold." I suggested. 

"Right, but later, just carry on with what you're doing." He rasped, his hands snaking around my waist and pressing his head further into my body.

I smiled, doing just that.

---

Later that day, Vanessa called the house phone. I picked up, surprised to hear her voice. It was a short conversation, only because we decided on plans to meet up later. So, she told me her address, inviting me over to her home.