CHAPTER SEVEN.

(Lea's Pov)

It had been made a official by the next morning. 

Famous, soon to be CEO of Miller inc; Eric, Drew Miller, is officially engaged to mystery bride. 

The papers read.

I tried my hardest not to show any signs of discomfort when reading it out loud. We didn't love each other, we didn't know each other - yet here I was.

This was really happening.

I had showered, dressed into the beautiful white dress which reached the ground. My hair was curled, and pulled into a loose bun, some strands out. A veil was placed over my head and I felt a heavy necklace being clipped around my neck, my earrings were put in and lastly my bracelet.

There was no going back. This was happening.

"Are you ready, Bambina?" Hearing the familiar voice which belonged to my mother snapped me out of my thoughts. I hesitantly nodded.

She gave me a small smile, her hands cupping my cheeks softly. I saw happiness in her eyes and I knew exactly why. As of today, she would be the proud owner of, 500-thousand dollars - that's how much I was worth.

I had found out this information by eavesdropping. Stupid, right? Do the same thing which earned a beating, but I couldn't help but do so. It was night, around eleven pm. I decided to take a trip to the bathroom, only to hear chuckles and giggles coming from my parents room.

"We're going to be rich, Martin! We can finally own everything we wanted from the beginning." My mother's voice said. My brows furrowed and the overpowering emotion of confusion grew inside of me. I leaned against the wall, placing my ear beside it.

"I know, I can't wait. Who knew she was actually good for something?!" He chuckled, my mother joining in. I frowned at that, getting a feeling they were talking about me.

"You tell me, I just can't wait till she's gone. Who knew she was worth 500-thousand dollars?!" My mother squealed. I felt my heart hurt slowly mixing with anger.

"I know, I'm just as surprised as you are. Tomorrow's the day we finally let her go. I can't fucking wait." My father said, my mother agreeing.

I felt a lot of emotions that day - but the boldest one would have to be betrayal. I was just an object to them, willing to be sold to someone.

And I was.

I snapped out of my thoughts. It was all happening so fast, one second my mother's getting me ready and the next, I'm in my father's car, getting driven to my wedding.

I was full of emotions. Nervous, worried, angry, and sad. Yet, I tried my hardest not to show any emotions.

"Be sure to smile, Lea. Oh and make sure you don't stutter." My mother advised on the car ride to the church or more like warned.

Mary sat beside me in the back, holding my hand in hers. She looked beautiful today. She was wearing a light purple dress which reached her knees. 

My mother was wearing a green dress, designed the same as Mary's, but hers had a bow in the middle. I think today was the first time I saw my father dressed in a tux.

Mary squeezed my hand and that's when I noticed we had arrived outside the church. That's when my anxiety began to build. I gulped, opening the car door and stepping outside.

Mary stepped out the car, coming to stand at my side. My parents soon joined.

"Whatever you do, don't fuck this up." Those where my mother's last words, before she placed the veil over my face.