CHAPTER EIGHTEEN.

(Eric's Pov)

My eyes slowly twitched open and were met with the bright shine, coming from the lights.

The power must be back on.

My brows knotted as I drowsily sat up, but only to feel a weight holding me down. 

Lea.

Her arms were wrapped around my waist, her face buried inches away from my pillow. Small, heavy breaths left her pouted lips. I sighed, sitting back down on the bed, my hands gently moving the stands of hair in her face. 

Last night was... different. I guess that's the best way to describe it. I couldn't believe what she had told me. I felt sympathy for her. What she went through, mentally scarred her for life. She impended a new fear from the experience.

Fear of fire.

What happened to her was sad. I felt for her. I also found it all so fucked up. Lea told me she was just examining the fire, simply looking - so how did she fall into it?

Who pushed her?

And more importantly, why was there a fire in middle of the garden?

The whole thing was completely fucked up.

I found myself getting angry and frustrated just from thinking about it. Someone intentionally tried to hurt her - the person had it all planned out. My jaw clenched and my hands formed into fists. Whoever it was, got away with it, but also caused her to become traumatised. 

Lea stirring in her sleep, brought me out of my thoughts. I peered down at her, watching as she let out muffled words in her sleep. I slowly found myself smiling. Although she had told me such a horrible experience of hers, she had actually trusted me enough to tell me.

And something about that made me smile.

Also the fact that I actually kissed her. Yeah, I'd been wanting to get a taste of those plump lips of her's for sometime. On our wedding day, I never had a chance. I was too fucking angry and all I got was a peck. But I couldn't blame anyone else on for that. It was me who pulled back.

It was strange. Not very long ago, I hated Lea. I hated her greatly for agreeing to marry me. I wanted her to say no when my mother asked her - but she surprised the shit of me and said yes. Our entire agreement was a big fucked up mess. 

The truth is, the more I'd been around Lea and the more I'd gotten to know her, and had come to a conclusion. Lea, she was not that bad. Actually...she was kind of great. I knew for sure she didn't marry me because of my money or my tittle or even for my looks.

Knowing it was for none of those reasons, it let me relax and let my guard down around her. However, why she married me, the reason, it still remained unknown. I did it in order for my legacy to begin as CEO of Miller Inc and also to keep my mother happy.

Why did she agree?

I have no idea. 

Something about her, Lea in general, just seemed strange. I felt as if she was still hiding something - something that has had a big impact on her life. My brows drew to one another as I pondered about what she could be hiding.

"Eric?" A soft, familiar voice spoke. I snapped out of my thoughts and looked down at Lea, a small smile growing onto my lips.

"Morning," I uttered, running a hand through my bed hair. She blinked repeatedly as she sat up on the bed, her hands out in-front of her to shield the light which was on.