CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR.

Song For Chapter: Touch It By Ariana Grande

"Baby let's fall in-love."

(Lea's Pov)

*BANG BANG*

I stirred in my sleep, my eyes blinking open.

*BANG, BANG*

The loud knocking continued. I sat up, the comforter falling off me. My brows furrowed in confusion and my lips turned into a frown.

*BANG, BANG*

I shot out from Eric's bed, a smile absentmindedly finding its way onto my lips when the memories from last night played in my mind. I looked over his bed, a yellow note capturing my attention. I picked it up.

'I'm at work. Ma came over with some breakfast while you were sleeping. It's in the fridge (pancakes by the way) I'll be home soon, Angel. Remember the doctor said you need a lot of rest, binge watch some TV or read a book - the library is all yours. See you when I get home.'  - Eric.

A smile sprang onto my lips as I read over the note. 

"Always so thoughtful." I whispered to myself. 

*BANG, BANG, BANG*

I snapped out of my daze when hearing the loud banging. I frowned, slipping on my robe and headed downstairs. As I neared to the front-door, the knocking grew louder.

Jesus, whoever it was, is impatient.

And blind, didn't they see the doorbell?

I inhaled a deep breath, before turning the door open. My eyes widened in surprise as I stared back at the redhead.

"J-Janice?" I questioned, making sure I wasn't seeing anything. Her brown eyes bored into mine, sending me a hard glare.

"Took you long enough." She muttered, a smirk etching onto the corner of her lips. I frowned, my eyes inspecting over her outfit. A tight fitting, pencil skirt, a dark, blue blouse and matching 5-inch heels.

"What are you doing here?" I firmly asked, annoyance sinking its way into my tone.

"Aren't you going to invite me in first?" She replied, crossing her arms across her chest. A smirk still playing on her red painted lips. My eyes narrowed at her and with hesitance, I opened the door wider, stepping back to let her inside.

"Thank you, but I must say, you have terrible manners." She commented. I rolled my eyes at her as she stood inside the house. 

"Could say the same." I muttered, watching as she welcomed herself inside the living room. I closed the front-door behind me and walked into the living room. She stood up, walking around the room.

"Now can you tell me what you're doing here?" I sighed, leaning against the wall near the door as she walked around the room, her back facing me.

"I heard about your accident." She spoke up. My eyes widened and I looked away at the ground, frowning at the remembrance.

"Did you now?" I tried to keep my voice confident, but it came out shaky. She hummed in response.

"How unfortunate." She let out a tut.

"Yeah." I whispered, narrowing my brows at her.

"How unfortunate that you never died." 

I froze. She whipped her body around, turning to face me with a smirk on her lips.

"Surprised, Angel?" She mocked, slowly stepping towards me.

"W-What are you talking about?" I stuttered in confusion. She walked closer and stopped when she was standing a step away.