CHAPTER SIXTEEN.

(Narrator's Pov)

The loud thunder rumbled in the sky for what seemed like the hundredth time today. The rain contentiously poured from the sky and landed on the ground, rapidly falling. The dark clouds took over the sky and occasional bolts of lightening flashed. All could say it wasn't a pleasant day outside.

Lea, definitely thought that as she sat in the living room, lights on and the large flat screen TV playing a movie.

It was a comedy movie. 

She sat spaced out on the sofa, a small blanket covering her legs. It wasn't exactly cold, but the storm outside gave a different vibe. Her eyes were focused on the large screen in-front of her. It was brilliant, she thought. Never had she seen such high quality graphics. It was amazing compared to her old TV at home. 

Although her eyes were glued to the screen, her mind was elsewhere. She wasn't scared of the thunderstorm going on outside, she was worried about him. She wondered, anxious, at how he would get home in such bad weather. You could definitely say she was scared. 

Even though he no longer wanted to be friends with her, she still found herself caring for him. Yes, she cared for him. It surprised her when she realised. The movie continued to play and the minutes ticked by, her racing thoughts continued to run. 

When an advertisement rolled onto the TV, she got up and headed into the kitchen. She found a glass and poured in some cold water, refreshing her slightly dry throat. Her eyes closed and she let out a small sigh, leaning against the counter.

-DRUM- 

The loud, rattling of the thunder caused her to panic, her eyes snapping open. Her heart was beating fast, just by the sound of thunder. A bright flash occurred, causing her to blink repeatedly before calming down when realising it was just lightening.

Lea shook her head and switched off the kitchen lights, heading back into the living room. A loud scream left her lips as she was startled by the presence of another. Eric whipped around in spot, his brows furrowing at the high-pitched scream that was still fresh in his ears.

"Lea?" He questioned, concern and confusion present in his tone. She blushed brightly, flustered and embarrassed. 

"O-Oh God, Eric, you scared me." She breathed, a hand resting on her pulsing heart. He frowned slightly, but continued to unbutton his shirt and place it on the radiator. This time, Lea blushed even more fiercely, staring at his naked torso, more of his ink on display. She snapped her eyes away from him, before he could catch her staring.

"It's fucking wet outside," He muttered under his breath, his muscles clenching as he dried himself with a towel.

"W-When did you get home?" Lea asked after a few moments of silence. He paused with his drying, looking up with an arched brow.

"Just a few minutes ago. The TV was on and so were the lights, I figured you were in the bathroom or kitchen." He replied, going back to drying his torso. He inwardly cursed at himself for making the dash for the door, it just resulted with him getting showered on.

"Oh, I-I didn't hear you." She stuttered lightly, fidgeting on spot, her eyes focused on the ground, refraining herself from looking up.

"Yeah. Sorry about scaring you." He chuckled. A half-smile appeared on her lips, the familiar blush dancing back onto her cheeks. Her eyes wondered to the clock, which read nine pm. She switched off the TV and fixed the blanket back into its spot. She was making her way out the door, when his voice stopped her.

"Where are you going?" He blurted out, causing her to freeze on spot. She slowly turned around, knotted brows and confused frown.

"To bed." She mumbled, looking him in the eye and forcing herself not to let her eyes wonder downwards. He nodded, the feeling of guilt and disappoint heavy on his shoulder.