five

I sat in bed watching the rest of Mean Girls. I was already half into the movie. It was 7pm and there was a knock on my door. "Come in." I said as my eyes remained on the flat tv screen.

Kian walked in and closed the door behind him. He walked to my bed and grabbed the remote control that was laying next to my hand. He paused the movie and set the remote control onto my white wooden bed side table. "Um okay." I said a bit annoyed.

"Why were you giving Jc so much fucking attitude? What the hell did he ever do to you?" He crossed his arms against his chest.

"I told you! He checked me out in the hallway.. And today!"

"Oh my god would you stop with that?" He placed his hands on top of his head. "Why won't you believe me?" I yelled at him. "Because you're lying!" He yelled back. "Do you believe him and not your own sister?"

He stood there in silence and bit down onto his bottom lip. "Wow.." I slowly nodded. "Just get out, please." I said quietly, looking at the ground.

He kept standing there as if I didn't just say anything. "Kian, get out." I repeated myself raising my voice a little.

He stepped back a few times before slowly walking out of my room, closing the door behind him. I crossed my arms against my chest and felt my eyes watering. But I couldn't tell if that was from me feeling sad or upset, maybe a mixture of both.

How could he believe someone he just met and not his own sister, someone he's known his whole life?

I turned off the tv and laid down in bed and closed my eyes to go to sleep, even if it was only 7pm.

--    

It was finally first break and I was of course hanging out with Jasmine and Cara. I decided not to tell Jasmine that the new kid that Kian became friends with was Jc. I was planning on telling her later.

In the morning today I didn't even look or speak to Kian. I ignored him the whole time.

I could see Kian glancing at me from time to time in the corner of my eye, since he wasn't far from us.

I was waiting for Nathan to come up to me any second. I kept playing with my fingers nervously as I looked around for him. "If you see him tell me." I told Jasmine and Cara. They nodded and looked around for him.

"Kian keeps looking at you." Cara said. "I know that." I sighed.

Break was already about to end so I had gave up hope. I sighed again. "He didn't even come."

"Maybe he didn't have the time to." Cara said trying to cheer me up.

The bell rang and I shrugged. "Maybe."

I started walking to my classroom and I was in a crowded hallway. Everyone was kinda pushing their way through. I spotted Nathan coming my way but he wasn't looking at me, I don't even think he knew I was there.

As he got closer to me I was hoping he would pull me out of the hallway to tell me what he had to tell me. But nope, that didn't happen. He just walked past me.

I rolled my eyes. I figured he would've been able to notice me due to the fact that I was wearing a neon pink nike hoodie, and the neon pink stood out. I ignored it though because I wasn't gonna let that bother me for the rest of a day. It's just a boy after all.

-

It was finally lunch and I was looking around for Jasmine and Cara. I didn't seem to find them anywhere. I sighed and stood there thinking maybe they would find me instead.

Suddenly I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around knowing it would be Jasmine and Cara, but I was wrong.

I turned around to see a guy. It was Nathan. I was kinda shocked to see him. I thought he was ignoring me all day.

"Hey." Nathan said, smiling as I turned around.

"Oh hey." I said smiling back. "Sorry I didn't get to tell you what I had to tell you in first break, I had to stay in because I got in trouble." He explained. I chuckled a little. "It's alright."

"So what was it you needed to tell me?" I asked. I looked to my right in the corner of my eyes and saw Jasmine and Cara looking at Nathan and I.

He stood there awkwardly thinking about what he was gonna say for a few seconds.

He sighed and cleared his throat before speaking. "Okay so I'm just gonna come out with it, I like you and I've liked you for quite a while now. I just think you're really beautiful and sweet, and your personality is everything I want in a girl."

I blushed and giggled a little. I had the biggest smile on my face. "And I was wondering if you would like to go out?" He asked.

I gasped slightly at his question, even though I already knew what was coming. "Oh my god, um yes of course!" I said excitedly.

He smiled widely and he hugged me.

My heart was beating so fast and my cheeks were so red. We hugged for what felt like a minute. We finally let go. "I'll let you hang out with your friends now." He chuckled as he pointed over to Jasmine and Cara. I looked over at them and chuckled. "Well bye." I waved before walking over to Jasmine and Cara. Nathan watched me walk away before walking off to go find his friends.

"Oh my god guys!" I squealed. "He asked me out!"

"We figured." Cara chuckled.

"He better treat you good." Jasmine said. "He will, he's not a fuckboy." I replied. We stood there and talked a little more about what just happened before walking to lunch to eat.

Next week

It was first break at school and Nathan and I were walking around the school holding hands, just talking and laughing.

I didn't even realize we were nearby where Kian hung out with his friends, including his new friend, Jc.

I was talking to Nathan until I looked to my left and saw Kian looking at Nathan and I. I saw him glance at our hands and then at Nathan. Then I saw Jc looking at us. I didn't look at them for too long. I quickly looked away and let go of Nathan's hand. "Um let's go over there." I rushed him, pushing him to walk in another direction so we could get away from Kian. I sneakily looked over my shoulder so Kian couldn't tell I was looking back at him, and still saw Kian and Jc looking at us. I knew Kian would say something.