twelve

I woke up and looked around my room. I let out a yawn as I slid my hand under my pillow to search for my phone. I felt it and pulled it out from under, noticing I had a text message notification from Nathan.

I unlocked my phone to view the message. It read: "sorry about last night.."

I started typing out a message back to him but stopped when scratching was happening at my door.

I figured it was my dog at the door because why would one of my family members be scratching my door.

I groaned as I sat up from bed to open the door for Mocha. "Mocha!" I smiled down at her as she walked in, her tail wagging like crazy.

She walked over to my bed and waited for me to get back in bed. I closed the door and laid back down under the covers.

I watched her jump up onto the bed and roll into a ball in front of me. "How precious." I thought to myself.

I went back onto my phone but my mom knocked on my door not even a minute after I was back in bed.

I groaned quietly. "Yeah?"

"Are you gonna eat breakfast?" My mom asked opening the door and peeking her head in to look at me.

I looked down at my phone to check the time and it was 7:22. "Oh woah."

"Um, yeah, in a bit." I answered her. She nodded and closed the door.

I sighed loudly before getting out of bed to go eat breakfast.

-

I sat on my bed with my legs crossed as I studied for a test I had for math tomorrow. Mocha laid right beside me, her small legs twitching once in a while while she slept, making me chuckle when they did.

After a long boring hour of studying I went on my phone to text my friends.

Cara kept bothering me about how she was going to a party later on today and how I should go with her, but I really wasn't in the mood to go to a party, I'm just not that type of person.

Suddenly Kian swung open my door, causing Mocha to wake up and turn to Kian.

"Hey I'm going to a friends house so you're gonna be home alone." He told me.

"Alright, for how long?" I asked him. "Why?" He rose an eyebrow.

"I wanna know how long I'm gonna be home alone for." I replied. "Why? So you can invite Nathan over to have se-" I cut Kian off by throwing a pillow at him, causing him to close the door to block the pillow from hitting him.

My phone started ringing and I looked to see who it was. It was Cara so I answered it.

"I swear if this is about that fucking party." I answered.

"Fuck how did you know?" Cara laughed.

I sighed. "I'm not going Cara."

"Why not?" She whined.

"I've told you why before multiple times, I'm not that type of person."

"You're not the type of person to get out and have fun?" She said.

"I'm not going." I stated.

"Boo, you whore." She said before hanging up.

-