thirteen

"Ashley!" He gasped, stepping back away from the girl. The girl looked so confused and kept glancing at the both of us.

I froze. I couldn't move. I didn't know what to say or do. I was completely speechless.

I felt my eyes watering and I ran off.

"Ashley!" I heard Nathan's voice calling after me.

I felt a hand grasp onto my wrist.

I turn to face Nathan, who now had a shirt on. "How could you Nathan?!" I sobbed.

"I- I can explain." He stuttered.

I rolled my eyes and began walking away.

He placed his hand on my shoulder in attempt to turn me around. I pushed his hand off, ignoring him as I continued to walk away.

"Ashley, please." He grabbed my arm. I turned around, pulling out of his grip. "What do you want Nathan?! Are you gonna apologize and expect me to forgive you? Who the fuck is that girl?"

"Baby, I'm so sorry seriously you have no idea. I never meant for this to happen-"

I cut him off. "You're sorry?" I raised both eyebrows. "If you're just gonna stand here telling me about how "sorry" you are and all this bullshit, I don't want to hear it. I trusted you. I actually really liked you, and I actually thought you did too, but obviously that was all a lie."

"Baby, I do like you, I love you." He placed his hand on my cheek. I pushed his hand off immediately. "Don't touch me, don't talk to me anymore, and don't you dare say you love me. Because obviously you don't and you never did. If you actually did, you would have never gone to a party to fuck another girl the day after I didn't want to have sex with you because I wasn't ready. My brother was so right about you, all you wanted was sex.. you never liked me."

He just stood there in silence, looking down at the floor, playing with his fingers.

"Exactly." I said before quickly walking off. I ran downstairs, trying to hold it all in. I rushed to get out of the party, pushing through everybody.

I made it to the front door and slammed it closed. I stood in front of it for a few seconds to take a deep breath, trying to calm myself down a little.

I rushed to find Jc's car. I found it and swung open the door before getting inside and slamming the door.

"Well damn." He looked at me. "Wait, where's your friend?" He looked around outside his car.

"Just drive me home, please" I crossed my arms against my chest, only looking directly in front of me.

"You seem mad what hap-" I cut him off. "Just drive me home, Jc! Please!" I unexpectedly yelled.

He put his hands up in defense. "Okay okay."

He placed his hands on the wheel and parked out of the party, driving me back home like I said to do.

I didn't want to cry in front of him or tell him what happened. So I tried to keep it all in for the whole car ride.

But halfway through all I could think about was what I walked into and what I felt.

Unexpectedly, I burst out in tears.

Jc quickly turned to me with a worried expression. "Ashley, what's wrong?"

I shook my head, turning my head away from him, not wanting him to see me ugly cry. "N-nothing just drive."

"Ashley what happened in there?" He questioned.

I ignored his question.

He reached over to rub my back.

I noticed he was speeding to get to the house quicker, glancing at me from time to time.

Minutes later we were at my house. He parked in the driveway and immediately when he parked I got out of the car to run inside.

I took the key from the back pocket of my pants to open the door and run upstairs to my room.

Once I opened the door and set my foot on the first stair, Jc stopped me.

"Ashley, wait." He demanded. I paused where I was. I stood there for a few seconds, my back was facing him and I was taking a deep breath.

But I couldn't take it anymore. I just needed somebody to talk to and let it all out.

I turned around and slammed into him, sobbing into his chest, which made him quietly gasp due to how unexpected that was.

He hugged me back, tighter than I was hugging him.

It felt nice being in his arms, I felt very comfortable.

We stood there for a few minutes before I began telling him what happened.