Hit Up the Studio

December 2, 2013

Little Mix was buzzing after the success of their second album Salute, but they still had to finish two more singles Little Me and Salute.

So here they are in a studio in LA, at 10 o'clock at night doing what Little Mix does best.

Act foolish.

The girls had arrived earlier that day to just rerecord the single, Little Me, but then also decided to rerecord, Salute, a single as well. Thankfully they were granted extra time for the studio session because, the artist that was supposed to show up had canceled. Then their management called and informed them that Sports Relief wanted them to do a charity single and needed it to be released by March 2014. And to put a cherry on top the, oh so perfect cake, they needed to decide which songs they were going to change for their upcoming tour and how they were going to change them. So their two and a half hour studio session from 4:30pm to 7:00pm turned into a five and a half hour and counting turn up session.

Know they were sitting down on the couch catching their breaths from dancing around to Bruno Mars', Gorilla.

"Alright girls, I think we need to get back to work know." Jesy sighed.

"You're such a party pooper, Jesy." Joe, one of the sound technicians, said teasingly to her.

"We don't have much left to do Jes," Perrie said. "just figure out a couple more songs for the tour."

"Yeah, we don't really have to finish recording, Word Up, until January." Jade added.

"Okay fine, we can relax for a while, but if management comes barking at us I'm yelling at you two arses and you too, Joe!" Jesy threatened.

"Arses? What even is an arse," Leigh-Anne said. She was sitting on the arm of the chair with her phone in her hand. The bright light of the screen lighting up everything behind her in the dark studio. "You Brits say the craziest things."

"Oh shut up you...you..." Perrie was trying to think of, to her, one of the many crazy things Americans do.

"Thanksgiving celebrator!" Jesy shouted.

"Soccer player!" Jade added.

"Soccer- hey that's I what I was going to say." Perrie whined. The girls giggled at her.

"Whatcha reading Leigh?" Jade questioned leaning up an over to try and read her screen.

"There is a new rumor going around about how we're collaborating with One Direction." she replied.

"What really!" Perrie said frantically, getting up to snatch Leigh's phone. She had a little schoolgirl crush on, Zayn, one of the members of the band.

"Calm down, Pezza!" Leigh chuckled, snatching the phone back from her.

"Read it." Jesy said.

"I already did." Leigh responded. She was a literal thinker and didn't realize Jesy meant read it out loud.

Jesy sighed and rolled her eyes, "I meant out loud, babe."

"Oh, it says that 'Little Mix and One Direction fans have finally got their prayers answered. A close friend to the groups says that they have agreed to record a song together and possibly make and album together as well. It should be out by Summer 2014, the insider added. They're going to call themselves One Mix. Well, we shouldn't really be surprised the world's biggest boy and girl bands are getting together for total world domination'" Leigh read.

"Wow," Jade started, "that couldn't have sounded any more right, but been anymore wrong."

"I know, I was starting to think you guys knew something I didn't" Perrie said laughing lightly.