Announcement Videos

June 26, 2015

Perrie's POV

We knew that performing at an award show during promo meant a tweak in the schedule but, know that we're performing with other people who were half across the world from us, it meant a completely new schedule. When it's just Little Mix practices we could do it in whatever country we were in because all the dancers were with us but, with the the boys we had to meet up in a new country.

We decided that all the practices would be in LA since it was pretty much in the middle of where we both were. This week the boys were in South America and us girls were in Europe promoting. We weren't supposed to tell anyone about the performance yet, so we had to continually apologize to upset fans when we canceled meet and greets and performances. Luckily this trip to LA, we were recording the announcement video. All the fans knew was that we were no longer performing at the TCA's.

"Perrie get your hand off my butt!" Louis whined sleepily. We all had to pack into one van once we exited the airport, because the other one got a flat tire. Oh, and did I mention that it was 6:00am. It was just to early to be with all of these people.

"Get your butt off my hand!" I whined back just as sleepily. The two rows in the van held six people each when they were designed for only three. You could imagine how cramped it was. The first row held myself, Louis, Jade, Liam, Jesy, and Niall. The second row held Harry, Leigh-Anne, Josephine, Paul, Alicia, and Renee. But, Renee and Alicia weren't complaining because when Jack found out that they didn't tell him about the proposal we had a couple months back, he threatened their jobs. They apologized and started acting nicer towards us. Things honestly couldn't get much better.

But, let me just tell you, seeing Leigh and Harry cramped beside Renee and Alicia was the funniest thing I've ever seen. You could practically see awkward written on their foreheads.

I was halfway sitting on Louis' lap and halfway in my seat. Jade being the littlest sat on the other half of Louis' lap with her legs on Jesy and Liam's lap. Niall decided that he was just going to lie on top of our feet on the floor so we didn't stop him.

When we had early morning starts, we were just pitiful. I was always whining and half asleep, same as Louis if you couldn't already tell. Jesy was ditzy and never really paying attention to anything, almost like she was high. Jade and Harry were always the quiet patient ones who put up with our foolishness. Niall was always asleep and Liam was just really talkative, even more talkative than he usually was. Leigh was silly and giggly. It could be the littlest thing and she just loses it. Whenever she burst into her delusional giggles Harry would pull her into his side and try and get her to stop. Most of the time she would end up falling asleep so it worked.

We were staying in LA for two days. One day for the announcement video and some freetime to explore the familiar city. The other day was for practice and actually seeing if we could sing together. If we couldn't we were going to be in a bit of a situation. Don't ask me why they decided to make the announcement video before seeing if we could actually do what we were announcing because I didn't understand it either.

"Come on guys, get out so we can get out." Paul clapped almost like sports coach. "Let's go, let's go, let's go!"

I forced my eyes open just so I could turn around and roll them at Paul causing Leigh to burst into a fit of giggles. It was almost like she was drunk. Jesy was high, Leigh was drunk, Louis and I were children, Liam was hyper, Niall was asleep, and Jade and Harry were our parents. What a perfect family.

After we rolled out of the van we trudged into the hotel and checked in at the desk.

"We don't have to be at Nickelodeon, until 11:30 so you can go to your rooms and rest," Renee said passing us our keys, "The girls have one room and the boys have the other."