I Think It's Time To Say Goodbye Pt. I

March 19, 2015

Zayn's POV

I can't do this anymore. It's making me angry and unhappy all of the time now, pretending to be enjoying the performances, and the interviews, and the music. I am not a bloody actor, I'm a musician. I don't want to be Zayn Malik of One Direction anymore. I want to be Zayn Malik, breaking records, getting awards, and selling out stadiums.

"Zayn, where are you going?" Perrie asked from the TV room couch. I was looking for my keys rather angrily. I'm going to Simon and I'm quitting this band.

I ignored her and continued to look for my keys. This is the way it has been since I told Perrie how I was feeling, always ignoring each other. We tried to keep ourselves busy so we didn't have to face reality. My decision is putting a bigger strain on this relationship than I thought it would.

"Zayn, please answer me. Where are you going?" Perrie said angrily.

"I'm going out Perrie." I said annoyed.

"Out where?"

"Perrie for fucks sake, I'm going out! You're not my mom and I don't need to tell you where I'm going! I'm a grown fucking man!" I yelled. Perrie looked shocked and to be honest, I was quite shocked too.

"Your keys are in our room." she whispered.

I hurriedly walked into our bedroom, grabbed the keys and headed out the door. Right now I didn't have time to apologize to Perrie.

Thankfully it wasn't rush hour so thee wasn't too much traffic. I sped through the streets of London to get to Syco. I called Simon to tell him to meet me there and that it was important.

Once I arrived I walked right into the building. I've been here so many times that I didn't need to go to the front desk. I just walked straight to elevator and went to the top floor, where Simon's office was.

Without even knocking on the door, I walked right into his office. It was spacious with long windows covering the back wall. A large glass desk was in the middle of the office and two arm chairs and a sofa sat in front of it.

"Zayn, hello." Simon greeted. "What did you call me here for?"

"I want to leave One Direction." I said cutting to the chase. I was ready.

Simon stared blankly at me for a moment then started laughing. This wasn't a bloody joke.

"That's really funny Zayn, where are the rest of the boys, are they going to pop and yell surprise. You boys and your silly-"

"I'm not joking, I'm not happy anymore and I want to leave." I said with a straight face.

His smile dropped and he wore a face of disbelief.

"What do you mean you're not happy anymore? You've got four best friends, eight if you count the girls. Millions of fans, millions of dollars, and you've worked hard to get to where you are now. How can you not be happy?"

"The music, I don't like the style of music. I want something more mature and, whenever I try and give some of that to the band they all shoot my ideas down. If they're not going to help me write the types of songs that I want to sing, then I'm going to leave so I can do that. My unhappiness is evident know, and people are starting speculate."

"Zayn," Simon started. "I really think you should rethink this, you don't just come up with a decision like this overnight."

"I've been thinking about leaving since last November in fact, I really started thinking about this before that so Simon, I'm ready and I have already made my decision."