jj

One year later
❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄

Come on! Come on! Hurry up!! Jacob yelled down the mind link as we sprinted through the woods.

Jeesh! I know Em's muffins are good but breath! I laughed, racing ahead.

Never! I neeeeed them! He replied.

I need one aswel. I said in a matter-of-fact tone.

Nope. All mine. Jacob snorted

Hey, what about me. Seth whined.

And me. Jarred added

And me Sam continued

And me Quill said.

And- I swear if anyone says me again I will make sure Emily throws your muffin in the bin I said snapping at them.

Jeessh woman chill. Sam laughed.

Me and the pack were currently racing back to Sam and Emily's house after a day of patrolling the woods. Collin and Brady had found a vampire trail and none of us had recognized it.
We had had our fair share of Normand's passing through during the last year and we did allow them on our land as long as they were only passing through.
This scent however had spiked our interest as it was on their side of the border. It hadn't passed the border line and had just hovered about it, up and down, never any closer though.
I was hesitant about going in the first place as I had only just recovered from the heartbreak the last coven I crossed paths with had induced upon me, however after a little persuasion from the pack I caved. It was currently about eight at night so it was dark, the only source of light coming from the full moon. I couldn't help but laugh, we must look like true werewolves tonight.
Giant pack of wolves- check.
Full moon- check
Werewolves!

Food! I see the house! Jacob squealed, pulling me from my thoughts as I rolled my eyes. God he acts like a two year old sometimes... Okay most the time.

Shut up Jacob Leah snapped, making Seth and the rest of us laugh.

We quickly arrived at the house and we all shifted back, making sure not to look at each other to keep the peace. Leah caught Quill checking her out once and it was fair to say she wasn't very happy. Okay that is the understatement of the year.
I stood and waited for everyone to get to t dressed and after hearing them all confirm they were decent, looked up and began herding inside.

"HONEY, WE'RE HOME!" I shouted as we opened the door.

I smiled as I saw Emily roll her eyes at my antics before I was shoved further inside the house by the boys as they all continued to pile in.
"The muffins are just coming out now" Emily said as she picked up the oven gloves and grabbed a tray full of steaming muffins out the oven.
She placed them on the table and to Leah and my7ujjj amusement, all the boys instantly rushed over and grabbed one each.

Idiots I though, rolling my eyes.
3.2.1...

"OUCH! HOT! HOT HOT!" Jarred yelled as the sounds of gasp and small shrieks filled the air as the other boys came to the conclusion.

"Yes. They will still be hot. They have just come out of an oven" I said slowly, as if I was speaking to a child.

"Whatever Bella" Collin spat, taking me by shock. Collin was usually so friendly.

"Hey! Don't speak to her like that!" Leah yelled back, protecting me.

"Don't t involved Leah" Collin hissed.

"Don't talk to my sister like that!" Seth said, standing up for his sister.

"Guys plea-!" "Shut up Emily!" Collin yelled, shocking us all.

Everyone fell silent as our heads swapped desperately between Collin and Emily, who was on the verge of tears despite all Sam's attempts to calm her. As the first tear slipped down Emily's cheeks Sam snapped. It wasn't a uncommon fact that a shifter would not stand for their imprint and would do anything to insure their happiness. 

"OUT" Sam growled, breaking the uncomfortable silence.

"Wha-what?" Colin stammered.

"Get OUT!" Sam yelled, making Colling snarl before sunning out the door and shifting before heading into the woods.

"What have I done?" I sobbed as Leah wrapped her arms around me.

What have I done?

"Bella its not your fault. I don't know what wasa wrong with him" Jake said, rubbing my arm reassuringly.

"Yes it is. If I hadn-" "if you hadn't made a comment which the rest of us took as a sarcastic joke? Yes...?" Quill interrupted.

I sighed and looked around the room, my gaze landing on a awkward looking Brady. He knew something.

"Brady? What do you know?" I asked. Making everyone's attention turn to him.

"Erm, well he has a reason for ho-" he began, only to be cut of by Sam. "He had NO reason to talk to my imprint like that"

"Yes. He. Did. Do you guys know what day it is?" Brady asked.

"Erm, September 23rd...?" Jacob half asked.

"Yes" Brady replied.

"What's that got to do with any of this?" Seth asked.

"Wow. You guys really are shallow." Brady said chuckling. It was one of those cold, humorless laughs, a laugh that sends you shivers and peaks the question of the persons sanity. There was something so utterly cold about the way Brady was looking at us all that suddenly right there, I knew that their was a perfectly reasonable explanation behind all this. Something I had never known, to blinded by the miseries of my own life to realise, to see someone else's silent struggle, to see outside of my own little bubble of black and white.

My Phoenix cowered away in my heart, even my inner animal seemed to be aware that something was off. Not only were we about to find out the reason behind Collins actions, but I could sense something was off. The air, it felt different. I could sense a silent call for help, a call of distress but that was quickly thrown to the back of my mind by Brady's next words.

"It was three years today that Collin became an orphan. Three years today he watched as the life drained from his parents eyes right in front of him as he was helpless to stop it. Three years ago today where he stopped living and started surviving"