Discovering

"What!" I screeched. "I-i thought that jasper was you mate! What the heck is going on? Anything else you'd like to tell me? Any other secrets? Huh, well? Is Emmett secretly gay? Rosalie a fairy from the mythical land of Narnia? Or is she the ice queen? That would make sense." I ranted, tugging at my hair and waving my arms to exaggerate my words.

"Bella please calm down. I'll explain everything. Jasper was never my mate, he was only my companion until we both found our mates. Jasper found his a while ago but she was being tricked into thinking she was another's mate. I only found Caleb two weeks after you disappeared. The mut-pack," she corrected herself, noticing my glare, "were chasing him from their land. Gave me a near heart attack when I saw a vision of him running from three giant wolves." She explained, finally giving me all the information I wanted.

Suddenly both her and Caleb's heads snapped to my door before there was a slight breeze and I found myself alone in my room, again.

What the...

I was broken from my thoughts by a rapid knocking on my door. "Bella, you okay in there, I thought I heard shouting." Charlie called, opening my door slightly.

"I'm fine dad, Alice just came to visit. Is dinner almost ready, I'm starved." I said, giving him a weak smile.

"You know me bells, I just ordered some pizza, it should be here in about half an hour. I'm going to go out for a quick run in the mean time, I haven't shifted in a while." He said sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Sure thing dad. I'll be fine." I said, waving him off. I watched through my window as I saw him disappear into the woods moments later, in the form of a coyote.

I longed to be able to shift, I was becoming restless from not being able to. I had tried shifting once at the hospital which only resulted in my stay being prolonged and my pain meds strengthened. I didn't want to attempt to shift again any time soon. No way.

¶♠¶♠¶♠¶♠¶♠¶♠¶♠¶♠¶♠¶♠¶♠¶♠¶♠¶♠¶♠¶♠¶♠¶♠¶♠¶

The next day I woken up to silence, rolling over I saw a small note, folded in half, with my name on it in Charlie's messy handwriting.
I had an early shift this morning Bells, didn't want to wake you. Left over pizza is in the fridge- I'll be back by six and I've left your chair at the bottom of the stairs- dad

Oh joy. I get the whole day to myself. How wonderful, how amazing, how spectacularly amazi- okay I think you get my point.

If you couldn't tell, I wasn't very happy.

Sighing, I pulled myself up into a sitting position and with a bit of difficulty, moved myself so I was sitting on the edge of my bed. I quickly realised I wouldn't be able to get to my clothes drawer from my bed and was stumped. However, I could see a small, white bag sticking out from behind my bed side table. I stared at it curiously for a moment before stretching over and picking it up. There was a small, paper tag attached to the handle with one single sentence written on it in an elegant script.
I wasn't sure what you would like- Rosalie.

I was stumped. Why would Rosalie give me anything? Hesitantly, I opened the bag, scolding myself for being silly once I saw it was simple a bag of clothes. I tipped the contents of it out, onto my bed and instantly notice it was full of skirts, no jeans, and tops. I began to get annoyed before I realised that what Rosalie had done was extremely thoughtful. I couldn't realy wear jeans now could I?

I picked out a long, light pink maxi skirt, a cropped grey wrap round top and a grey cardigan. I reached under my bed and felt around for a bit until I found my fluffy slippers. With a little bit of difficulty, I managed to get them onto my feet which still hung limply at the ends of my legs.

I sighed, realising my next task, getting downstairs

I sighed, realising my next task, getting downstairs. I don't think charlie really thought that through...
I need some crutches, maybe they would help me walk again but where on earth can I get crutches f-

I gasped suddenly, realising my stupidity. I have my own pair of crutches in my wardrobe, two metres away, why wouldn't I? Being the worlds biggest clutz and all. After a moment of deliberation, I decoded there was no graceful way to do it and just fell of my bed, onto my carpet making a small thump. Using my arms, I pulled myself over to my small oak wardrobe before reaching up to the brass handle and opening it. I instantly saw the crutches and pulled them out, making be whine as one of them fell straight on me. Ouch. I opened my sock drawer before pulling out a fair of stripy pink and white fluffy socks.

I dragged myself over to my wicked chair that I usually laid my clothes on and somehow managed to pull myself onto it with only my arms. I propped the crutches up against the wall next to me and left the socks in my lap for a moment as I caught my breath. Arching my back in a cat like fashion, I reached for the crutches and put one sock on each handle before grabbing one in each hand.

I took a deep breath before pushing my weight onto the crutches and did something I doubted I ever would again.

Stand.

✏✏✏✏✏✏✏✏✏✏✏✏✏✏✏
This isn't edited so please tell me of I've made any mistakes...