Snake Bite

The farmiliar drawl of Proffessor Snape reached Draco's ears as the boy pushed open the door to the Potions classroom, a few minutes late.

Snape stopped mid-sentence, his eyes sliding over to Draco who shut the door quietly behind him.

"Ah... Mr. Malfoy. I'm pleased to see that you have decided to join us. I have paired you with Mr. Potter. Sit down, five points from Slytherin."

Draco didn't reply, smiling on the inside as he silently walked to the back of the room.

The boy caught the Weasel and Mudblood sending sympathetic looks to Harry as Snape continued to scrawl out the ingredients needed for the potion. Oh, if they only knew...

The other students had already been paired and were working on the Draught of Peace potion, which was particularly complicated and required a number of weeks to be completed.

Draco wasn't listening to Snape, but was instead raising his eyebrows at Harry, who was biting his lip, trying to hide a smirk.

Sliding into the seat next to Harry, Draco reached nonchalantly under the table and sought out Harry's pinkie finger with his own. He linked them together and held Harry's firmly, watching as the boy blushed.

Snape continued to explain the effects of the Draught of Peace and Draco tried to concentrate on the order in which to put the ingredients into the cauldron, but froze as he felt a hand trail slowly up his thigh.

Looking up, Draco gulped as Harry raised his eyebrows, giving the blonde an innocent smile.

As Harry continued to walk his fingers higher up Draco's thigh, the latter had to bite his tongue to stop an embarrassing noise escaping his throat.

"Don't," Draco gritted out, looking at Harry murderously, grabbing the boy's wrist, so he couldn't go any further.

Harry didn't say anything, but simply smirked at the Slytherin, enjoying seeing Draco so riled up.

The two were so caught up in this little esacapade, that neither had realised the rest of the students had already made a start on the Draught of Peace potion.

Harry coughed, glancing around, hoping no one had noticed. Looking up at Draco, he said, "I'm going to get the ingredients. Stay there," in his most hateful voice.

Of course, none of the other students knew about Harry and Draco's relationship. Not even Ron or Hermione, which was why they had to fight and act like they hated each other all the time. Which was tiring and horrible for the both of them.

Harry got up out of his seat, walking slowly behind Draco. Placing a long forefinger on Draco's arm, he subtly trailed it down the length of it, watching as goosebumps rose on the boy's pale skin.

Harry watched as Draco tried to keep under control, swallowing a few times, determined not to look at the dark-haired boy.

"Harry," he whisper-shouted, whilst batting Harry's hand away. "Someone could see."

"Pfft, sure, because everyone's watching," Harry replied as he waved a hand in the air, indicating the students at each table.

Hermione was arguing with Blaise Zabini over the colour of their potion, which had turned a strange grey colour, and Ron was being shouted at by Millicent Bullstrode.

Neville was being poked by Crabbe with a unicorn horn, and Pansy was glaring at Seamus, of whom was pointing a knife in her direction threateningly, whilst Snape deducted points from Gryffindor for Dean's poor listening skills.

Draco huffed and Harry smirked, leaving their table and heading towards the ingredients cupboard, where he disappeared and proceeded to find the specified ingredients.

Trailing his hand along the rows of shelves, Harry found what he was looking for; powdered moonstone, syrup of hellebore and powdered unicorn horn.

Just as he was about to pick these up, Harry felt himself being lifted quickly from the floor, spun around and pushed into the wall behind him.

Just as he was about to kick out at his attacker, he felt a low voice growl into his ear.

"You better stop teasing me, Potter, you know it only turns me into an animal."

Harry opened his mouth to reply, however it was quickly sealed shut as Draco crashed his lips to Harry's hard.

Harry kissed back with just as much force, and Draco wrapped his arms around Harry possessively, pulling him into his body tighter.

Draco took a hand and curled it around the neck of Harry's shirt, fisting it in order to pull the boy's face closer.

Just then, the door to the store cupboard burst open and Harry and Draco jumped away from each other, although Draco's hand was still curled on Harry's shirt.

'Sorry,' Draco mouthed to Harry before backing him into the wall and shouting, "Potter! You'd better hope your precious Weasel and Mudblood come and save you. You're dead."

Draco drew back his arm to aim a punch at Harry, willing for the boy to stop him by any means. He didn't want to hurt him.

And to Draco's luck, Harry did. Sending a discreet, sympathetic smile to Draco, Harry lifted his leg and kicked Draco right in the stomach, watching as the boy let out a pained groan, stumbling backwards.

Harry didn't have time to even wince at what he'd done before a fist connected with his jaw, sending a shower of sparked pain through his face.

Harry was about to lash out again when whoever had opened the cupboard door, started screeching.

"Boys, boys!" the voice screamed. Harry immediately recognised it to be Hermione's. "Stop it at once!"

Harry was pulled from the back of the neck and off of Draco, who was still clutching his stomach in pain. Harry's lip was bleeding and both boys were breathing hard.

"Oh, look, Potter, it's your filthy mudblood girlfriend come to save you!" Draco said, smirking.

Harry turned to punch the boy in the gut, but stopped all movement when he saw Ron enter the cupboard.

"'Mione, what on earth is taking you so long? You only needed to get the powdery unicorn thing, Snape made Blaise and I swap so you're with me now—" Ron stopped as he took in the sight before him.

Harry watched as Ron's face turned from that of confusion to anger and he rounded on Draco.

"What did you do?!" he shouted, pushing Draco into the wall hard. "Why can't you just leave Harry alone, you prick!"

"Ron stop—" Harry started, still clutched in Hermione's grip, not wanting to witness a real fight between his best friend and boyfriend.

"Harry, he's a compete asshole, why are you defending him?!" Ron yelled, taking Draco by the collar and practically strangling him.

"Ron, stop it! It doesn't matter, it was just a stupid fight! Let him go," Harry said desperately.

Ron didn't say anything for a few moments, staring at Draco with all the malice and hate he could put into one expression.

"Fine," he eventually spat, and Harry let out a breath he didn't realise he'd been holding.

Letting go of Draco, Ron stood back, his arms folded, letting the blonde pass. Draco did so, glaring at the red-head and stopped at the door. Looking back at Harry, Draco sent a smirk his way, that only Harry really understood.