The Wedding

Draco's POV:

Well, here I am, watching the only boy I've ever loved getting married to Blaise Zabini.

I'm sitting at the very back, out of sight from everyone. No one would want me here, I'm an ex-death eater. Not even Harry. He doesn't remember me anyway.

It's an outside wedding in a clearing just near a forest. It's quarter to midnight, and the clearing is lit up with beautiful fairy lights. There are little torches of fire up at the front for effect.

Blaise is standing at the front, waiting for Harry in a dark, black suit. He does look great, I have to admit. But he probably doesn't remember me either. No one does.

Oh Merlin. There's Harry. I haven't seen him in so long. He's smiling his perfect smile, showing his white teeth. His hair is pushed back sexily; he's finally managed to tame that birds' nest, then. Even from where I'm sitting, I can see his beautiful emerald eyes are filled with tears as he gazes at Blaise with such love and adoration.

Something inside me breaks as I watch the boy I've fallen so madly in love with, walk up the isle towards his forever future husband. Someone that isn't me.

Harry isn't looking at anyone except Blaise. I watch him walk past, not once glancing at me. I'm invisible to him.

Harry makes it to the front, standing in front of Blaise and reaching for his hands. Silent tears roll down my face as they look at each other so lovingly. I can't stand it. I love him so much.

The words coming from the front are blurring together. All I can hear is the blood pumping in my ears, telling me to run, stop the wedding, you love him. But I can't. I'm frozen.

All of a sudden, a collective gasp is heard and I look up in alarm, quickly drying my eyes. One of the flares has toppled over, and the fire is spreading fast.

Shit. Harry.

I catch one last glimpse of his panicked face, before the flames blow up and a loud boom echoes through the trees.

I can't hear anything for a few seconds. I'm on the ground, trying to sit up. My lungs ache and I cough up ash.

Looking around, the sounds become clearer. Women, men and children are screaming and fleeing the clearing. Chairs are mangled and splintered, and the trees leading into the forest are alight with flame.

I look around desperately. Harry, Harry, Harry.

"Harry!" I try to shout, but my lungs aren't working.

I cover my ears with my hands, trying to block out the roaring sounds of the fire and the heat.

After a few minutes, I hear a scream.

My head shoots up, and I run in the direction of the forest without hesitation.

"HARRY!"

Just before I jump through the trees, a hand grabs my arm. It's Blaise.

"Draco, are you mad?!" he screams, trying to pull me back from the still growing fire.

"Blaise?" I ask in disbelief. He remembers me?

"What are you doing?! You can't go in there! It's too dangerous!"

I notice tears are streaming down his face.

"Have you seen Harry?" he asks brokenly, his voice cracking. With emotion, or from the smoke, I can't tell.

"I-" I start to speak but the same scream coming from inside the forest cuts me off.

I twist out of Blaise's grip, and sprint inside the glowing trees.

"Draco!" I hear Blaise shout from behind me. But I don't care. I have to get to Harry. He's probably dying in there. I've already wasted enough time.

"Harry!" I yell, making my way deeper inside the forest, trying to locate him. It's damn near impossible, he could be anywhere.

I change course, screaming Harry's name, whilst trying to avoid the flames licking my feet.

You will not give up, Draco Malfoy, I tell myself firmly. Harry is alive, he has to be.

I stop, hands on my knees, wheezing breaths and coughing up the smoke that's entering my lungs at a fast pace.

"Harry..." I cough, black spots clouding my vision, as I search the space desperately.

Hold on. There he is. A wave of relief spreads over me. But wait...

"No," I breathe, sprinting towards him. He's stuck under a burning branch, which must have fallen on him. He's lying on the ground, unconscious. Or dead..

No, I tell myself. Don't think like that.

"Harry," I wheezed, nearing him and the burning branch. Getting down on my hands and knees, I try taking in clean air. I read somewhere that you must always crawl underneath the smoke if you are to make it out alive.

Coughing violently, I lift the branch off of Harry, and quickly grab him, pulling him into my chest. I'm sweating profusely and my chest is aching with the need to breathe fresh air.

"Harry," I whisper, picking him up bridal style. I snigger to myself despite the situation. Bridal style. How ironic.

Stumbling through the burning trees, I hold Harry close to my chest, accidentally tripping over roots, at the same time, avoiding the flames.

Coughing up smoke and ash, my legs feel like they could give out anytime soon. My clothes are singed. Typical. This suit cost four hundred pounds.

Wait. There's the clearing. I don't see Blaise. He probably left. Some finacé he is.

Holding Harry tighter, I run past the last few trees, past the flames and out into the open.

My lungs desperately take in the clean air and I cough up the remaining ash and smoke that's left. Laying Harry down carefully on the grass, I stroke his messy hair out of his eyes. His glasses are cracked and broken, and his eyes are shut. His hair is thick with soot, and he has cuts, gashes and burns all over his face, neck and arms.

I lean down and kiss him gently, pouring all the love I could into it. I didn't realise I was crying until I tasted the saltiness in my mouth.

"Wake up, Harry."
__________________________

A/N: bloody shut and gmfreaking hell omgg I can't even type anymore my thumbs are aching after that haha.

yes I am doing a part two to this, my friend actually made this story up for me, but with Harry styles as Blaise and Luke Hemmings as Draco lmao so I thought why not do it myself..?

part two should be up either today or tomorrow :)