There Was Never An 'Us'

Inspo taken from "It Was All Just A Game" - can't remember the author's name but credit to her for the idea!
--------------------------

It was Harry and Draco's sixth year, and they had been together for a little while now. In secret, of course.

Now, the both of them were cuddled up together in the Room Of Requirement, whilst Draco kept trying to steal kisses from his lover.

"Dracooo!" Harry whined softly as Draco attempted to kiss him again. The blond pulled back, grinning as Harry hit his arm lightly.

Picking up Draco's hand, Harry ran his rough fingers over Draco's smooth, pale ones, and Draco took this time to just look at Harry.

He was beautiful. There were no other words to describe him. He was just so incredibly beautiful, inside and out.

Draco watched as Harry fit his fingers to his own. He seemed utterly absorbed, and Draco's heart melted. He was so adorable.

Harry noticed Draco watching, and blushed, looking up.

"What?" Harry asked, looking away shyly.

Draco's stomach erupted with butterflies. He was so cute!

Lifting a finger under Harry's chin, Draco whispered, "Hey, baby, look at me."

Harry turned and faced Draco with his amazing forest-green eyes. Draco was sure he forgot how to breathe.

"There's something I've been meaning to do," Draco said, his eyes never leaving Harry's. "For quite a while now," he added, feeling extremely nervous.

Harry opened his mouth to say something, but Draco stopped him, placing a finger on Harry's lips.

"Sshh," he whispered. "I don't want you to say anything. Just wait a moment."

Harry obliged, and watched as Draco crawled off the bed and stood on the floor next to it, looking Harry deep in the eyes, nervousness taking over him.

Getting down on one knee, Draco pulled a small box out of his pocket with shaking fingers.

"Harry James Potter," he started. His throat seemed to have closed up. "You are my life. And I don't ever want to lose you. I love you so much, and I hope that I can show you that by promising forever. I've seen you laugh, I've seen you cry. Damn, I hate it when you cry, but you always look so pretty. I couldn't put into words how I'd feel if you decided to leave me. I never want that day to come.

"You are my everything, and I want you to see that. Harry Potter, this is a promise ring. I know that we are too young to marry, but if it were different, I'd be taking you in my arms from our wedding right now.

"Harry Potter, I promise to always love, protect, and never to hurt you in any way possible; weather that be emotionally, physically or mentally. I promise to treasure you forever. Will you accept?"

Harry was sitting on the bed, shocked, staring at Draco, with tears rolling down his face, a hand to his mouth.

Opening his mouth to say something, Harry abruptly shut it.

Did I say something wrong? Draco thought. Oh god, what if he hates me?

"Harry?" Draco whispered.

Then Harry's face turned. The love in his eyes had gone and his face went dark. Disgust was written clear upon his features.

"You're one of them?" Harry hissed, scrambling to the other side of the bed. "YOU'RE ONE OF THEM?!" he screamed, staring at Draco in horror.