A Terrible Love - Pt2

Harry sat at the Gryffindor table, staring blankly into nothing. He didn't eat anymore, he never smiled - he was depressed as hell.

It had been over a year since Harry had done the thing he swore he would never do. Over year since he and Draco were in love. Over a year since Harry had felt the softness of those pale pink lips and over a year since he had touched the soft blond hair.

Tears pricked his eyes as he looked longingly over at the Slytherin table, the pale skin and grey eyes standing out amongst all the others.

Harry had returned for his 'eighth year' and he wished he hadn't. Seeing Draco every day hurt. Seeing his pretty face hurt. Seeing him happy with his friends hurt. But not being able to love him hurt the worst.

Harry had had enough. Pushing away from the Gryffindor table, he ignored the shouts from Ron and Hermione and headed out of the great hall. He needed to be alone.

Ron and Hermione hasn't seemed to pick up on his depression. They never knew about him and Draco. Either they were extremely stupid or they weren't telling him that they realised something was different about him.

Harry ran down the endless corridors and hallways of Hogwarts, seeking out a bathroom.

Locking himself inside, he slid down the back of the door, clutching his heart and sobbing. It hurt. It hurt so much. He needed Draco. But if he returned the memories, Draco may not love him again.

Suddenly, there was a soft knock at the door.

"Potter...?"

Harry's heart gave a flip, and his stomach did a twist. Draco.

Harry stayed silent, unsure of what to do.

"Alohomora," Harry heard a whisper from the other side of the door.

Standing up quickly, Harry turned to face the door, his heart pounding in his chest.

The door opened slowly, and Draco stepped into the bathroom, and Harry could see a worried look in his eyes as the Slytherin looked at him.

"Potter, what-" Draco started but Harry cut him off.

"Draco there's something I need to do."

Harry had made up his mind. He'd had enough. He was fed up of seeing Draco, being unable to love him, or have Draco's love returned. He didn't care about the consequences. It'd been over a year. He needed Draco now.

Draco was regarding him in a funny way, as if he knew something that would impact his whole life, was about to happen.

"Okay, go ahead." Draco said, swallowing, looking Harry in the eye. Almost like he knew.

Harry hesitated before raising his wand. This is it, he thought.

Draco widened his eyes at the raised wand that was shaking in Harry's hand, but did nothing. He just looked Harry in the eye, never breaking the contact between the green and the grey.

Harry closed his eyes and whispered the counter-curse.

It wasn't what Harry expected. There was no flash of light. No sudden change, nothing to signify it had worked.

The Gryffindor swallowed. Turning his back, he squeezed his eyes shut as tears leaked down his face. It hadn't worked.

"Harry?"

Whipping around, Harry turned to face Draco, who was staring at him. Harry could see every emotion cross the grey eyes as he looked at Harry with a new expression.

"I've missed you," Draco whispered, his eyes never leaving Harry's.

Harry let out a cry of happiness, relief, whatever emotion he didn't know, as he ran at full speed towards Draco, jumping on the boy and wrapping his legs around the taller boy's waist.

"Oh, Draco, I missed you so much. I love you, I love you, I'm so sorry, please forgive me, please, I'm sorry." Harry whispered nonsense in Draco's ear as he cried and cried, hugging him to death.

"Shh, Harry, shh, it's okay, I'm here now, I remember, calm down, I love you so much," Draco said, trying to calm Harry down, although he was crying himself.

"I'm so sorry," Harry said brokenly as he rubbed his nose against Draco's closing his eyes.

"I love you, Harry." Draco said as he pressed his lips to the Gryffindor's.

"I love you more," Harry muttered against his lips, tears mixing into the kiss.

"Not possible."
__________________________

A/N: half way through writing this I accidentally clicked paste and this happened