11

Lydia

"Lydia, dear it's time to wake up" A gentle voice whispers in my ears. My eyes open and I sit up from my bed. Wait, My bed? Looking around I realize that I'm literally laying in my bed not on the floor by my wall where I was sitting after Harry came.

Harry was here! "Lydia are you alright?" My mother questions me. "I... I" In a haste I jump out of my bed whirling around. "Weren't we supposed to leave?"

My mom nods, "Yes we were but your father said he had to postpone it. He was acting weird ever since he answered his phone last night when we came in." She shakes her head. "So I guess we are here until your father says." She sighs, I plop down on the edge of my bed. "I'll clean up for breakfast." I say and she nods smiling and kisses my forehead "Ok" And she exits my room. Was Harry really here? Or was I hallucinating?

I hang my head low closing my eyes in the process. I dream't of kissing Harry. Just thinking about it makes me feel a little weird in my lower region. I open my eyes and I look at my right ankle. There is no anklet on my foot. My eyes widen in realization "Oh my..."

"Lydia... damn it's cold in here" Emmanuel barges in and closes the window. "Breakfast is ready and dad wants to talk to us so hurry and come down" he tells me and I nod my head, still in shock.

He leaves my room without another word. Looking from my leg to the now closed window I now know that I wasn't seeing things and that Harry was actually here and he did kiss me.

I bite my lip to stop from smiling so much

"Lydia!" my mom shouts "Coming!" I yell back

******

"So I cancelled us moving." My father ends up saying. We all stop eating and turn to face him. "Wait we aren't moving at all?" Emmanuel says and my dad nods his head

"But what about the vampire? What about Lydia mom?" Emmanuel says.

Ignoring their quarrel I hang my head low and continue eating my food. I made sure I wore sweatpants so they wouldn't see the missing anklet. "Lydia what do you have to say?" My dad asks me

I set my fork down and look up at him, he looks so tired like he's drained of his energy. "I don't want to move." I say. I want to be near Harry.

Oh my gosh I can't believe I just thought that. I try to hate him but this compulsion is very strong which makes me want to just run to him.

Emmanuel scoffs "Ok whatever we don't leave." He gets up out of his chair making it scratch against the floor board in the process and he stomps upstairs.

My mom and dad just shake their heads. "He needs to be by himself, he's just upset Jeremy." My mother says still looking at the steps.

She sighs "I need to go to the store to buy things."

"I'll go!" I shoot up out of my seat "I can go to the store." I say more casually, but my father gets up out of his seat as well "Im not letting you outside until I get this mate thing sorted out with the police." my dad says sternly. Police?

I don't question him instead I formulate a plan in my head. I nod pretending to be understanding. "Alright well if you need me I'll be in my room." Excusing myself I run up the stairs and shut my door. I make sure I lock it.

I take off my sweatpants and put on a pair of jeans with a long sleeved shirt. After putting on my coat I place a beanie on my head.