18

Lydia

"And she tried contacting him... herself?" My grandmother gasp

"Si" my father says giving my grandmother a nod of his head. She looks away from her coffee and shakes her head, disappointment written all over her face.

"Why don't you all settle in." She nods to the back rooms. Where are we going to stay? I'm the last one to go to the door. "Not you Lydia" she says pulling on my sleeve.

"We need to talk." She nods to the open chair she was sitting in, not to long ago. I take a seat.

"What is going on with you?" She questions "What happened to my little girl?" She whispers.

"She's growing up." Is all I can muster up for her. I don't know what to say. I like Harry, a lot.

"Is he a nice guy?" She ask also taking a seat. I think about the time he's hurt my father but then I think about when he's saved me from that other vampire on the street. "I guess." I say, totally not listening to the conversation.

"Hmm... I see." She nods her head and sips her coffee. "You're probably tired." She smiles "Why don't you go to bed?"

Nodding I smile at her wishing her a goodnight. Ignoring the fact that she indeed does not want to hear anymore.

I walk into the spare bedroom. Jocelyn is already on the top bunk. "I didn't want to tell you... that I was bonded to him." She says not facing me "What does being bonded even mean?" I question ignoring her first statement. She sighs "Gosh you're gonna hate me." She gushes

I turn off the light placing myself on the bottom bunk. "You can talk to me Jocelyn." I say softly. She has upset me, but she still is my older sister. "A long time ago, I met Liam." She sniffles and I urge her to continue. "He was like my best friend. He would always be there for me when I started college, not being home felt weird and I was afraid of the college life, but Liam helped me through it."

She laughs a bitter laugh. "Back then I told myself if I wasn't with Nicholas, I would've been with Liam." She tosses on the bunk

"One day nick and I got into an argument. I had thought he cheated on me. I immediately told Liam. And he comforted me. Told me that I deserved better. That I deserved him. In that moment I was so angry at Nick and so lustful over Liam that I kissed him."

A gasp passes through my parted lips. "We had sex." She states. "You cheated on Nick." I say

She doesn't answer my question "I found out he was a vampire that same night. He said he couldn't wait any longer he said he loved me. I loved Liam as a friend, but when that night.. I don't know, my mind sort of changed."

She sighs again "He bit into my neck and immediately I pushed him off, stunned I took my clothes and ran out of there."

"Jocelyn...I-"

"I think that's enough story telling for the night." Jocelyn laughs cutting me off

I can tell that she didn't entirely tell me the whole truth and she didn't answer my question but I won't push her to say.

"I'm sorry" She says. "I just don't want you to end up having to choose." She whispers getting off her bunk. Wiping her eyes.

"Choose between what?" I question. She opens the door and turns back to look at me before she goes.

"Family and the one you love."