xvi ; dorkus is my canary

She called.

"Hi."

"That's it? You disappear for a week and all you say is a Hi?! "

"Now that I see it, it is the standard greeting."

"You are not the standard person,are you?"

"I missed you too. But I had to disconnect. It was too much."

"Oh well, I earned myself a lot of money with all that overtime."

"He broke up with me! Just like you thought. He also hurt Dorkus but I liked him, y'know?"

"Aw , Flo,I am sorry. Shall we go together and punch the daylights out of him?"

" I may have socked him accidentally. "

"And?"

Her voice dimmed to a whisper.

"And I may have given him a wedgie. I promise, my hand slipped. I didn't mean to."

"Flo, you violent girl. He should have known better than to mess with you."

" He cheated on me. And supported it with the fact that we had no romance between us."

"Sounds like the kind of guy that fathers carry a shotgun around for."

"Oh crap."

"Don't tell me. "

"He was furious."

"Your father pointed a shotgun at him?"

"Yes. Can you believe what that jerk of a boyfriend did afterwards?"

"He peed his pants and dirtied your expensive carpet."

"Oh, I wish. That would have been gold. Instead, he tried to shake my father off and the shotgun hit Dorkus."

"WAS THERE A MURDER  AT YOUR HOUSE?"

"Can you keep shush for a second?"

"No, keeping quite would kill me."

"Dorkus is my canary."

" A canary? Why did you name it Dorkus?"

"Because it is very smart but remains modest when teaching my other pets."

"Oh,Flo. Of course, your pets are like you. I missed this so much."

"What happened then?"

"I was worried sick, Brent. I never felt more scared in my life. The bullet grazed by it's hind leg."

"Oh. I am hoping that it escaped the terrible murder."

"We were at the vet for so long.It felt drastically horrible.I thought,maybe Dorkus would leave me."

"That's what happens when you date a jerk."

"He wasn't a jerk, Batty. The circumstances were such that he looked like one."

"You socked him afterwards?"

"Yes."

"What else did you do while Dorkus was being healed?"

"I watched the Friends. I watched scary movies. I finished the Marvel series of movies again. I cried."

"You cried while watching scary movies? "

"Possibly."

"Did you finish tubs of ice-cream while you were at it?"

"I liked him a lot."

"You did. Such a stereotypical teenager."

"You should try and secure your house when you sleep tonight."

"You got my phone number by stalking. Now you know my address. Are you a killer of some sort ?"

*call ended*

He breathed into the speaker ," I am here for you."

A/N : My first full length chapter in a while.

And in the last chapter,no one commented the cast for Kris and Ellie so I had to make the choice myself. 

Now, you know the last names. Yes,Ellie is Asian.

NOTE :I have a favor to ask. I am gonna go to India in a week or so and then I am not going to be able to update so if you think this story needs more recognition, spread the word.  As the author, I think I am entitled to want more people read this ,given you all actually liked this enough to do it!