xxxv; us.

Florentine sat on her bed -no wait, on the hospital bed that she had become so familiar with over the months, clutching the sheets as tightly as possible.
Any moment now.
He'd be here.
Her anxiety was shooting through the roof.
What if he didn't like her? What if he met her and all he saw was a dying girl?

Florentine couldn't take it any longer. She just got off the bed and walked out of the room, strolling in the corridor with her thumbs fumbling over each other. She squinted as she saw someone walking down the hallway.
And she just knew.
"Brent." She whispered feeling a wide smile spread across her face.

Fireworks didn't echo in her eardrums neither did she feel her heart beating too fast for its good,she just felt elated. Even with bags under his eyes and tear stained cheeks, he was already the guy she'd go for.

She began to walk. Towards the end of the hallway.To where he stood. Before she could stop herself or even think about she was doing, she spoke up loud and clear. Not only did she capture his attention but about everyone else in the residential ward- be it the nurses or the patients.Kris stood in the corner, hands clasped over her mouth as she squealed internally.

"Hi, Batty, do you reconfigure my voice? Maybe the static when we talked on the phone camouflaged my ugly voice but here I am with a shit ton to say to you."

She spoke about everything she's been feeling. About how his absence affected her so much. About how their conversations had become an integral part of her life. About how she had begun to fall for him. And it felt good. She finally spoke about everything that she wanted to say no matter how many people listened.

The very next moment, she felt awkward. Standing there in her hospital gown with a little too much to say.She stared at him. His face held no disgust nor did it display confusion.

She didn't want this to be the end of their friendship.But before she could analyze her actions, she walked up to him and brought her lips to his.

No words were spoken but when she felt him smile against her lips, she knew. That  moment when she kissed him, she felt everything become hazy around them. The only person in focus was him and she realized, quicker than ever, that he was who she was meant to be with until time allowed.

He wrapped his hands around her when they separated and looked at her with watery eyes and a goofy grin on his face. Everyone cheered before going back to their work and it was almost as if hope returned even for a single moment in all their lives that love truly does find you.

Even for Florentine Myers and Brent Harper.

[feels attack. y'all. vote and comment.]