xxx ; get out

It was almost noon when he phoned her after a long two days.

"Hey"

"Hello, Mr.Brent. What have you been doing all these days?"

"Just planning and working and planning. You?"

"Attempting to study physics, that's what"

"And?"

"Oh god, Brent, I feel like I'm dying. Save me"

"I have an idea. It'll help you feel re energized

"You and me are on the same level. Netflix, of course, thank you!"

"No,dummy,I meant take a walk"

"Walk what? Sunlight is a vampire's prime weakness"

"Excuses, excuses. Just go out, I'm promise it'll be better. You don't really go out?"

"For valid reasons,yes!"

"For me, perhaps?"

"Alright. Wait- hold up. Someone is on the door"

"HAHAH. I mean, go"

"Ok, weirdo"

 She hung up and begrudgingly trotted to the door, almost certain that it was just a salesperson or maybe one of her dad's many friends. 

It turned out to be a box. That's it. A compact box.

"Are you kidding me right now? I traveled all the way here for this?" She thought to herself but took it in her hands nonetheless.

It was a pastel blue box waiting to be opened and she would have let the strange surprise drop until she was blinded momentarily by a sun ray that seemed to have reflected from something that was hanging from a corner.

When her fingers wrapped around the metal , she pulled it from the comfort of the box and she let the box drop to the concrete ground.

Her eyes widened as she gasped before an excited smile soon appeared on her lips. It wasn't just a locket. It was a reference. A reference which bound them both.

A shiny  ice-cream cone on the delicate silver chain. The engraving on the ice-cream was precise and vines that were wrapped at the end of the waffle cone almost camouflaged the initials, F & B.

"I don't deserve this, Brent, how will I ever top this?" She talked out loud before dialing his number in a frenzied speed.

He didn't respond.

"I wanted to tell you that you are amazing and also, how do you know my address?" She said , looking towards the phone .

A/N : Can someone give me a Brent? lmao- yas, I finally wrote this but like I was so lazy.

Q/ A of the day :

Do you curse like a sailor or do you hold back from unleashing hell?

Vote and Comment