xxxii ; clues

Kylie - Bold and underlined

"Can it be fall already?" She groaned, fanning herself as dramatically as she could, earning her looks from passersby that were far from appreciated.

To be fair, Flo was rich. Never had she experienced a lack of money when a situation arose and technically, she could have driving around the town right now but her late night escapades got her grounded , resulting in another exaggerated groan.

Kris was close behind, waiting for Florentine to snap out of her usual theatrics and get a move on.

"Well?"

"She isn't moving. She's just standing there."

"Must be a profound moment for her as she realizes how great I am."

"She's groaning about how unfair life and summer is. You are neither of them."

"Kris, concentrate on the job, alright?"

"When you said that I have to blend in the surroundings, did it include not throwing paper balls at her?"

"You really can't throw anything at her."

"Oops."

"What did you do now?"

At the same moment, Florentine turned around with an empty juice can by her side, scanning the area for any of the kids to have done it to her. She bent down to pick the can back up and drop it in the trash can which happened to be right beside where Kris was hiding who held her breath, clinging to the tree in hopes of "blending in'.

"Can't talk." She whispered.

"Let's get this situation over with.Oh Brent, when you had the genius idea to send me a letter, couldn't you have sent me a hover board to ride on?" She muttered walking inside the shop, directly adjacent to the aforementioned tree.

The air conditioned bookshop comforted her immediately bringing back memories of her childhood as it always did. She first visited it as a toddler when her mother had told the little girl about how this happened to be one of the oldest shops in the town and Florentine had listened to each word she said and memorized it with huge dreamy eyes.

She gasped as she turned to the thumb-tack board or more affectionately known as the 'Confession Spot' with so many anonymous declarations and messages to someone but that's not what caught her attention. A folded white note was pinned at the top and she could make out the words 'Aunt Flo' written very faintly on the top. 

"Did she get the clue?"

"Not yet. Have some patience,will you?"

"Umm, hello, does a Kylie work here?" Florentine asked the owner.

"Yes. Should I call for her?"

"If you could, that'd be nice."

"KYLIE?!?! Get your self here- you have a visitor by the name of -"

"Florentine."

A minute passed by as Florentine continued to look at the owner, smiling widely before she turned her head again.

"SHOULD I GET A PALANQUIN FOR YOU? IT'S NOT LIKE YOU ARE WORKING."

"Alright,alright, I'll be there."

"What brings you here?"

"I am on this treasure hunt, I guess, to get to my friend? Kinda meeting him for the first time."

"Oh, boyfriend?"

She just looked at the ground,"Maybe? Could be? I don't know."

"Good luck."

"Thanks."

"Hello,I'm Kylie."

"Florentine."

"Florentine." She repeated, her lips curling up to a huge cheeky smile.

"I have just what you need." She answered, "But you'll have to look for it and don't worry, it's been paid for."

"That's great, I think I know just where to go. Thanks"

------------

"Kris? Did she talk to Kylie?"

"Yes, she did."

"And?"

"Well,she's walking down the aisles and inspecting the books."

"You might have to wait for a while."

"Sounds like fun."

"You signed up for this, my little helper."

"I choose the title 'Tired Matchmaker'."

"Right."

"She just found a Harry Potter boxed set."

"I knew she'd know where to go."

"You trust her a lot to get the clues, don't you?"

"Well,duh, I do."

"There's another note taped on the box but there's a lock on the box.What."

"I am a magician."

"More like not. What's the next clue?"

"There are some things that you can't share without coming to like each other, and knocking out a twelve-foot mountain troll is one of them. So can we once you find the twelve foot troll."

"You are a genius."

"An underappreciated one at that."

"Actually,nah, I don't get it."

"She is the one who should understand it."

"I think she does because damn that chesire grin!"

"Yay!"

"Oh no!"

"What?"

"..."

"KRIS?"

"..."

A/N : HAHA,cliffhanger! i feel very evil right now so that mission is accomplished.

Sorry for the lack of updates but to be fair, AS levels are draining the shit out of me and I don't even have time for anything anymore but since we finally got a week off, I can update.

Really hoping that some of you stayed and still remember this story that I am trying to write.

School's been fun. I had a crush. Still do - it sucks watching him get close to another girl. Really does, trust me but I can't cry- blame my emotionless self. 

Vote and comment,lovelies