chapter 1

--End of season five filming - March --

"I guess this is goodbye?" A teary-eyed Colin said in the Vancouver Airport. 

"How about a see you later," Jen said. She dropped her bags and hugged Colin, fighting back every tear.

"I'll miss you, Jennifer," Colin said, burying his head in Jen's neck. Him and Jen were best friends, and nothing could change that. This was the hardest part of his job - the part where he had to leave his best friend for 5 months. Jen and Colin told each other everything - or almost everything. 

"Ahem," Helen coughed, standing by the entrance to the plane. Colin quickly broke the hug to his wife's request. 

"Goodbye Jen," he said, wiping his eyes. 

"Bye Colin," she said, as she picked up her bags and walked away. He was boarding the plane as he turned around to see Jen walk away. The thing was, she wasn't walking away. She was standing, turned around, looking at him. Helen caught him and frowned at Jen. She wrapped her arm around his body and turned him towards the plane. 

Jen walked to the gate of her own plane and sat there. She had a baseball cap covering her eyes and her headphones on. She boarded the plane and went home, to L.A. 

the next day - jen's pov

I decided to text Colin and make sure he made it back to Ireland ok. 

Me - did you make it home? 

I got no response. Colin always texted back right away. I figured that he was visiting with family or something. 

two days before Comic Con - August - Jen's pov

I never got a response from Colin. I tried calling him, and he never answered. I tried calling him for four months. I tried texting him for four months and never got a response. I couldn't even reach him on Social Media. I was going to see him in two days, hopefully. Adam and Eddy called me and said that the entire cast was coming, including Colin. I need to talk to him. I need to talk to my best friend. 

two days later - Comic Con Day - Jen's pov

I looked online at the airport schedule. A flight from Dublin, Ireland was coming at 8:00 am. I rushed over to the airport just as the plane landed. I was right at the gate when I saw a tall man with crystal blue eyes and brown hair walk off. Our eyes interlocked, and I ran towards him.  He dropped his bags and ran towards me. 

"Jen!" he exclaimed, picking me up and spinning me in a circle.

"Colin!" I said, wrapping my arms around his neck. He placed me on the ground and we hugged. My arms were still around his neck, and his around my lower back. 

"Jen, how come you didn't get any of my texts, or answer any of my calls, or-"

"Colin, how come you didn't get any of mine?" I stood there in disbelief. How could this happen? "Let's not worry about this now, let's just be glad we're together." Colin pulled me close to his body. I smiled, knowing that I now had my best friend right next to me. We still had our arms around each other, and we stayed hugging each other. 

"I've miss-" 

"Ahem!" A cough came from the crowd, as a woman holding a young boy with long blonde hair stepped out. 

--A/N--

hey guys! so this is my colifer fic...what do you think? who's the woman with blonde hair? why did colin not get any of jen's texts, and why did colin get none of jen's? 

I'll upload tonight, or maybe tomorrow, idk yet. Comment what you think for faster updates! 

tysm for reading this! 

love, em <3