chapter 3

The party - Lana's POV

Having everyone over has been a blast. I'm the party person of the cast, and parties like these are my favorite. I noticed everyone except Jen and Colin were inside when I wanted to make a toast. "Hey, have you seen Jen and Colin?" I ask Ginny.

"I haven't seen them at all. I didn't know Jen got here."

"Ok." I say as I walk over and ask Sean. "Hey, have you seen Colin and Jen lately?"

"No, sorry." He says. "When did Jen get here?"

"I saw her walk in but I didn't say hi. About forty five minutes ago." I walk away. 'Maybe they went outside.' I think to myself. I walk out the back door and see them on the porch hugging. They were sitting on the step with their arms wrapped around each other. "Hey guys-"

Jen turns around in shock. "Oh my god, Lana, you scared me!"

"What are you two doing?" I ask as Colin turns around with tears in his eyes and bright red cheeks.

"Just talking." He responds.

I smirk. "We're gonna have a toast inside if you want to come."

"We'll be right in." Jen tells me. "Come on Colin." She says offering her hands to him.

Since when were Jen and Colin this affectionate? Why was Colin crying? I had so many questions but I figured I'd ask later.

Jen's POV

"I don't want to go inside." Colin pouts.

"Come on, Colin. Let's go."

"Jen, no! I'm staying out here."

"Colin!" I raise my voice before quieting down. "I'm sorry I shouldn't have yelled" I whisper. "Please come in. For me?" I smile as I offer my hands. He puts his hands in mine. "Thank you."

I pull him so he's standing like me. I look into his crystal eyes. We stand holding hands looking at each other for a while. I wanted to kiss him. But it was wrong. He was going through a divorce. The nicest guy I've ever met who I've had a crush on since day one. But this wasn't going to ruin our friendship. Not a silly crush. "Well we better get inside." I say, awkwardly breaking up the moment.

COLIN'S POV

"Oh yeah." I look to the side. That moment was special. Jen. The girl my ex-wife thinks I would look good with. Sure she's my best friend, but I've always guiltily wished she could be something more. Now that we were getting divorced it could happen. But no. It's not right. She's my best friend. I can't chance. But she's Jen. The woman I've always liked. My crush.

I let go of her hand and open the door.

"Thanks." She smiles as I follow her inside. Adam nods to me and dings his glass.

"Excuse me everyone! I would like to make a toast!" The room goes silent. "To another great season." He raises his glass as all of us do too. "To another year, and many more to come." I look at Jen. To my surprise, she's looking at me too. I smile and raise my glass to her. "To this week." She and I smile and clink our glasses and drink. This felt different. It wasn't the same as the other cast parties we've been to together. It was a good different. I liked it. I look over to see Lana, who drunk her entire glass of wine in one sip. "Now we party!" She yells, standing on a chair. I third back to Jen. "Someone's drunk already." We both laugh and set our glasses down. "Want to go back outside?"

"Sounds alright." She says as we head back outside and continue talking. Man, I have a crush on this woman. Everything she says, everything she does, it's completely perfect. But we're just friends. She can't know that. I can't risk ruining our relationship. But a crush is a crush. It can't be controlled.

- a.n. - 

hey guys! thanks so much for reading! it means so much ❤️ 

comments / votes make more updates! 

- em