chapter 14

Over the next couple of days that followed, Colin and I searched everywhere for a new house to call our home. We started with downtown apartments. We pulled up the listings on Colin's laptop and started looking together.

"Okay, so, there's this one." I pull up a small studio apartment with brick walls and an open feel. The furniture was very modern.

"It's a little small." He said.

"Really? I think it's a good size for the two of us."

"Well, you know, it might not always be just the two of us." I looked at him, confused.

"What do you mean?"

"If Evan would come to stay with us or maybe we would, um,"

"Have one or two of our own?" I interrupted.

"Um, yeah." He looked down. I raised my hand to his chin and held his head up so his eyes met mine.

"I think that's a great idea." I smiled.

"You do?" His face lit up.

"I really do." He pulled me in for a quick kiss. "Slow down, captain. We have to keep looking." I laughed.

We continued searching through apartments until Colin made a point. "Baby, why would we want to be this crammed? It doesn't seem like there's any outdoor space in any of these homes? Where would Ava and Buckley play?" He said, referring to our dogs that had become quite fond of each other in the past few months due to all the time they had been spending together.

I agreed. We started looking at smaller homes around the outskirts of Vancouver. After a few hours of searching, we thought we had found the one.

"It looks perfect

"It looks perfect." Colin smiled.

"Yeah," I smiled and turned around to kiss him gently. "Let's contact the realtor." We emailed her, and a few days later we found ourselves in her office.

She opened the door of her office. "Mr. and Mrs. O'Donoghue?" She asked.

"Oh, no. Not yet. Jennifer Morrison." I smile and extend my hand.

"Olivia Cox, nice to meet you. You must be Colin," she says turning to face him.

"Aye."

"Well, I'm pleased to tell you, you got the house." She smiled and I hooked my arm around Colin's.

"Are you serious?" I ask, about to bust out of my chair.

"Yes!" She opened the drawer of her desk and pulled out two keys. Holding them over to us, she said "Congratulations!"

"Thank you, ma'am." Colin said and looked over at me. I smiled at him, and he smiled back. "Now if you'd excuse us, we're going to go home." He smiled.

Olivia smiled. "Enjoy, you two."

"Thank you, for everything." I said before we left and drove to our new house. We unlocked the front door and opened it. I giggled and Colin picked me up and spun me around in the doorway. "Welcome home baby." I whispered as my lips met his. 

...

an // ugh i really suck with updating sorry people!! just thanks for reading and commenting :)) i love reading your comments & reactions!!

xoxo, em