chapter 8

Jen POV

I waved goodbye to the motorboat that was pulling away from the shore. Adam and Eddy brought the boat over, and Colin, Bex, Marc, Fred, and Josh got on. Ginny, Lana, and I were sitting around. Emilie, Eric, and Jared already left.

"So, Jen, how did this all start?" Lana asks. I roll my eyes.

"Yeah, Jen, how long has this been going on?" Ginny smirks.

"Less than 12 hours, you idiots." I roll my eyes.

"Come on Jen, lighten up!" Ginny slaps my arm and laughs.

"So...what all have you two....done?" Lana smirks.

"Oh my god, Lana!" We all have a good laugh.

"Jennnnn!" Lana pleads, "You can't say nothing happened last night."

"Lana, seriously! We haven't...we haven't...we've only kissed. Is that what you wanted?"

"Kissed where?"

"On my couch, anything else you want to know?" I roll my eyes once again.

"How was it?" Ginny asked.

"What?"

"How was it? Kissing him as Colin and not Killian?"

"Wh- it was different."

"See Jen, I was in the same place you were once. I know how it feels."

I smile. "So off the topic of my new budding romance-"

"Jen, you haven't been in a relationship since Sebastian." Lana adds.

"No, there was-"

"Yeah, yeah, but it wasn't that serious."

"It's only been 12 hours!"

"Jen," Ginny looks at me sternly, "you know he won't leave you. You've known this man for 4, almost 5, years. You know you can trust him. And lets be real, Jen, you've liked him since day one."

"You think so?" I ask.

"Yes, Jen. He won't leave you."

Meanwhile, on the boat, Colin POV

I was standing out on the back of the boat looking at the shore. I heard footsteps behind me, so I turn around. "Hey Josh."

"Beautiful out here, isn't it?"

"Aye, mate."

"So, 'mate', what's up with you and Jen?"

"Well, umm, we got together last night."

"That's great man."

"Yeah." I smile wide.

"I haven't seen you smile like that since you got your divorce. I'm surprised that you got it finished so soon. It was so quick."

"Helen knew what she wanted," I sigh and look out over the ocean.

"The past is in the past, now, how is life with Jen?"

"Mate, we got together last night!" I chuckle. Jen always made me smile.

"I know, I know, but now you can love her without hiding it inside."

"What are you talking about?"

"Admit it Colin, you've always loved Jen." I blush and look down. "Don't be ashamed, it was the same way for Gin and I."

"Ok, ok, maybe." I laugh.

"I'm glad you two finally got together, 'mate'" he laughs.

"Me too." I smile. I look back at the beach. "We should go back and get the girls. We could all go out on the boat to watch the sunset."

"Hey Adam!" Josh yells. "Let's go get the girls!" He nods, and we quickly are back on shore. We get the girls, and are out driving on the boat. Eddy was driving now.

Jen POV

I was sitting in the front of the boat when Colin comes behind me. I let him sit down and I sit on his lap, stretching my legs out. I leaned back on him, letting my head rest between his shoulder and his neck. He gently kissed my neck.

"Oh get a room, you two!" Bex groaned from the other side of the boat.

"Umm Jen, Colin, what's going on?" Adam asked.

"Hey Adam..." I slowly sit up and hop out of Colin's lap.

"Is there something going on with the two of you?"

"Adam-" I begin.

"-Jen and I are dating." Colin says.

"Colin what about-"

"-We got a divorce the other day. She had all of the papers ready, and it was finalized already."

"Well then." He sighs. "Congrats guys." I smile and crawl back into his lap. We stayed like this for a very long time. Then we went back to the beach, ate dinner, and went home to our hotels. Except tonight, I wasn't lonely in my room.

I am an awful person. this took me forever. More updates coming fairly soon.