chapter 9

Jen POV 

Ding! The elevator door closes and I sigh a breath of relief. "Finally." I smile as I wrap my arms around Colin. "Some privacy." I laugh as he kisses my forehead.

"You're cute." He chuckles. The elevator dings again and we put our sunglasses and hats on so no one recognized us. A mother and her child walked on the elevator. We both recognized who the woman was. "Helen?" Colin asks, taking his hat and sunglasses off.

"Colin?"

"Daddy!" Evan screams and runs into his father's arms.

"Buddy!" He smiles and wraps his son in a hug. "Helen I thought you left!"

"There wasn't a direct flight until tomorrow." She sighs.

I see tears filling my eyes. They were a family, and I ruined it. The elevator dinged so a man could get on. I snuck off quickly and ran to the staircase. I cried my way up the stairs until I got to my floor.

Colin POV
I notice Jen hop off the elevator. "Where the bloody...Jen!" I went to run after her but the doors were already closing. I run my fingers through my hair. Helen laughs.

"I knew it." She chuckles, sighing. "Congrats, Colin."

"What?"

"You're together. You two make a very cute couple."

"Dada, Mama? Dada bye bye?" I look down at Evan.

"Bud, I'm sorry we had to do this." I sigh.

"But it's for the better. Mommy and Daddy are happy now." Helen adds. The elevator dings and I get off. I say goodbye to my son and hug my ex wife. "Thanks, Colin. I'll see you...later."

"later." I smile. I get off the elevator and walk to Jen's room cursing under my breath. She gave me her second room key earlier. I open the door and find her crying in the corner. "Jen." I sigh, running to her. "Jen, Jen, Jen, ssshhh, what's wrong?"

She ignores me and keeps crying. I wrap my arms around her. "Jen, baby." I sigh. She finally looks up at me. "Love, what's wrong?"

"I'm sorry." She mumbles.

"Love, why are you sorry?"

"I ruined your family! Your perfect family!"

"Jen, you did not. Helen and I decided to end our family. We both loved other people. Well, she did. And she helped lead me to mine." I put one hand on her chin and the other on her head. I kiss her forehead and bring her chin up.

"No, just, Evan. He can't be brought up like this!"

"It's ok. Helen and I are still on good terms. We're going to split the custody."

"Colin-"

"Jen," I stick out my hand for her to take, "Come here." She grabs my hand and we stand up. We walk over to the bed and lay down. "Here." She lays down next to me and I play with her hair. "If I sing will you feel better?" She nods, and I begin.

(Actual words to An Irish Lullaby (Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ra))

Over in Killarney

Many years ago,

Me Mither sang a song to me

In tones so sweet and low.

Just a simple little ditty,

In her good ould Irish way,

And l'd give the world if she could sing

That song to me this day.

"Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral, Too-ra-loo-ra-li,

Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral, hush now, don't you cry!

Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral, Too-ra-loo-ra-li,

Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral, that's an Irish lullaby."

I look over to see Jennifer falling asleep. I kiss her forehead and keep playing with her hair. Soon later, we were both asleep.

yay, a new chapter! please comment, lovelies! 

xo, 

Em