Chapter 3

I didn't sleep much that night.

The night was long with pack member cycling through, and trying to get any word on their new Luna. Emotions were running high with the news addition to the pack laying in a medical bed.

I asked James if I could go see Lily, but he said she needed rest, and my presence would make her wolf restless and it might cause problems in the healing.

I began to notice things about the room like: the painting of the historical battlefield was slightly tilted to the right, there were 45 ceiling tiles, and from on of the seats, I could only see half of the TV. It wasn't until Golden Girls went of and the paid programs began that I realized really how late it had gotten.

There was a slight pause in my thinking, and I was beginning to slip into the numbness of sleep. When I heard a fragile cough, any thought of getting sleep flew from my mind. I jumped up from the couch and waited a moment. What if it was only my imagination?

Slightly hesitant I called out to James, "James, is she awake?" I waited for a response, but there was nothing.

"James?" I called in a more frustrated tone. I was about to use my Alpha command when the door was suddenly shoved open.

"Alpha, I'm going to need you to stay outside for a moment." He looked frazzled. It was his lack of composure that spiked my concern.

A powerful growl took over be as the Alpha wolf in me stepped up. In a few strides, I was in front of the door only to that it quickly closed in my face. I head James voice from the other side of the door.

"It's only for now. My deepest apologies Alpha."

I let out a big huff of air that I hadn't realized I was holding in. I marched myself back to the extremely uncomfortable couch, and took a seat. Leaning my head against the wall, I looked up with a sigh.

Guess I'll just count the ceiling tiles again.

Lily's POV

I was standing in front of a small cabin, looking out into the beautiful, vast lake. I looked own into the water and saw a reflection. Like any normal person, I expected to see myself, but instead I saw someone else. The person was strikingly beautiful.

She had long brown hair that waved toward the bottom. Her skin was tanned and had no imperfection. The girls lips were a light shad of pink and smaller, but there non-the-less. I could see similarities between myself and this girl, however, it was her eyes that mostly differentiated us. The fact that her eyes were bright and alive. Looking through her eyes made you feel happy. They shone with the color of the sun, as if its light had inculpated itself in her mind, and personified it in her eyes.

A pair of strong arms wrapped around the woman and she smiled. It was all I could see before my mind started to swirl into a different image.

I felt dizzy for a while, and before I finally gained the courage to open my eyes. I could feel myself lying on something soft, which I soon realized was grass. Looking down, I also discovered that I was on four legs, and I was covered in red fur.

I took up, surprised by my stability, and started to walk around. Overcome with emotion when I realized how long it had been since I walked in grass.

Suddenly, this black wolf ran toward me. It securitized me under its chest, and instead of feeling afraid, I felt safe. Peaking out from under the wolf, I was the world at a distance.The sun was starting to go down, but another ball of flames caught my eye in the trees to my right. It spread from tree to tree, and down their trunks to the green, soft grass.