VIII

I almost started feeling sorry for Percy. But then I remembered it was his fault and the little sea spawn could've just told me and everything would be resolved by now. After our fight Percy had stormed off to his cabin and I hadn't known what to do so I just stood there fumming with maddness. I started to wander off on the forest trails again.

I finally sat on a rock pondering if I had done the right thing. I suppose it wasn't my busness but still... Maybe, perhaps, it was my fault. I got up, not enjoying my pity party and started walking farther into the woods. It wasn't until I was far enough in the woods that the trees hid the sky making me think I had walked until nightfall, when I heard someone softly humming.

Without hesitation, I started towards the noise. It was only slightly off trails when I saw something that looked like a man made landmark. On it were windows which were open. I could hear the soft humming becoming louder.

I knocked on the door, then internally exploded. What was I going to say after they answered? 'I think your humming was pretty'? Nope, (Y/n), nopity nope nope, that's too creepy and stalkerish... So I did the most logical thing. I hid behind a tree to see who was humming. The humming stopped. The door opened.

"Hello?--" A guy opened the door but stopped when he saw nobody was there. The guy had curly brown hair, brown hair, and he was sort of short, but he was definitely cute in a different way I can't quite explain. He closed the door.

The humming returned and soon he started singing.

Just like fire, burning out the way

If I can light the world up for just one day

Watch this madness, colorful charade

No one can be just like me any way

Just like magic, I'll be flying free

I'mma disappear when they come for me

I kick that ceiling, what you gonna say?

No one can be just like me any way

Just like fire--

I had just knocked again. He opened the door more quickly. "I told you to stop ding dong ditching me, Sto--" He said angrily, but then seeing wh was there his face softened. "Hola, chica." He smiled.

"Hi, I'm (Y/n) and I'm kind of hiding from my responsibilities so can I stay here for a little bit?" I asked.

He only looked mildly surprised, "sure! I'm Leo Bad Boy Supreme. Do you want anything?"

I laughed before shaking my head and coming in. Inside it was a mess; gears and random mechanical parts littered the place, there were empty water bottles and soda cans everywhere, and there was black grease everywhere. My Hephaestus side missed these sort of places... a lot. I saw Leo tinkering with something.

"Can I help?" I asked.

He looked over at me, "who's you're godly parent again?"

"Apollo."

"I'm not sure if you'll get it..."

"Try me." I said smirking.

He smiled at me, "okay, princesa, I'm trying to repurpose these mirrors to use it as a type of communicaton device."

"So what you're trying to do is transmit a live video between the two mirrors so the two people can see each other? Like a Iris Message just without having to have water, right?"

"Yea," he muttered only half listening and focusing on the two mirrors.

"Can I try something?" I asked.

He looked slightly hesitant, "uh, sure."

He moved out of the way so I could stand in front of the two mirrors. Leo stood across from me on the otherside of the table watching me like a hawk as if he was prepared for me to mess up. Since he was standing right there I couldn't just nuke the two mirrors with some of my godly magic and make it have a connection with a bit of magic. Connecting the two mirros with demigod magic would limit the range the mirrors could withstand without the connection cutting out.

Leo was still staring at me making me quite nervous.

I picked up a spool of wire and wire clippers. I unraveled some of the wire and cut it, eyeing the length. I flipped the mirrors to the back side. Leo had already had many wires tangled in the back all of the wires were fumming with pulses of magic.

"I can't seem to figure out why it isn't working--"

I had the wire clippers in my hand and I had sliced one of the wires.

"Hey!" Leo yelped and snatched the mirror out of my hand.

"Leo! I'm doing the right thing! Let me help!" I snapped and grabbed the mirror back. I attached the piece of wire I had already cut and attached it to a different part of the mirror. I did the same to the other mirror.

Leo exhaled an annoyed breath. He had realized I was right.

"Hey, Leo what's that?" I asked and pointed behind him. He looked behind him. While he had my back to me I shocked the mirrors with some of my magic to bond the connection.

"What?" He asked.

"Oh, nevermind. Well I'm done."

"Thank you, princesa!" He kissed me on the cheek, I knew it was obviously a friendly kiss.

"No problem, Bad Boy Supreme." I said smiling. "I suppose I should go."

"Uh, yeah." He said.

I left and walked back to camp where Nico was looking for me.

"Where have you been?" He demanded.

"Walking." I replied. "Why?"

"We're about to leave for the quest." Nico said before running off to his cabin.