Chapter 1

This morning was a good morning. I actually woke up with a smile on my face. Some nights are good, and some are bad.

"Morning mommy." My baby girl said. She came in and laid down next to me. This happens almost every morning. I don't know how, but she wakes up before me.

"Morning baby. You hungry?" She nodded her head quickly.

Darcy Sofia Isabelle Thompson. Age  four, with the appetite of a teenage boy. But she's mine and I love her.

"What do you want baby?" I asked her while leaning on the counter.

"ICE CREAM!" She shrieked. She has some lungs, like a new born baby.

Ice Cream is her answer for everything. She's absolutely obsessed with it.

"Baby we'll get ice cream later. How about pancakes for now?" I brought out the pancake mix. She pouted her lips, until she realized I wasn't giving in.

After I finished making the pancakes, and Darcy was eating away, I went to make a call.

On the third ring she picked up.

"Hello?" She said.

"Hey mum." I whispered out of disbelief. I hadn't called her since I left four years ago.

"...Chastin." The relief in her voice breaks my heart.

"How are you? How is she?" I knew who she was talking about. How she knew she was a girl, I don't know.

"Darcy. She's great. I'm great."

"That's good." There was a silence. It wasn't uncomfortable. It was like we were trying to use every moment on the phone we had.

"Look mum, I have to go. I promise to call you everyday." I didn't wait for a reply before I hung up.

I walked out my room to see Darcy watching TV. Her dishes are even I the sink.

"C'mon baby, before we're late." I took her to get dressed.

I picked out some shorts, with a shirt that has red hearts on it, and red TOMS. I got her dresses quickly and then took her to my bathroom to help her brush her teeth. I brushed the small tangles out of her hair, and she was ready.

I wore some fairly colorful leggings, with a loose tank top  that says 'crazy mofos', and some Steve Madden shoes. I then brushed my teeth, added mascara, and brushed my hair. Now I'm ready.

"C'mon baby let's go meet some new people." I grabbed her hand and we were out the door.

Our flat was quite nice. My job was quite nice. You're looking at a stylist/consultant at In Style. Actually I'm the youngest worker there. I'm very happy with my job, and the checks I get.

That's where were headed now. There's some band there, for a new album release. So I have to go talk to them, and help dress them up.

We walk through the doors and down the hall. It amuses me, with everybody always running around.

Me and Darcy keep walking until we find the right door to enter. Once we do, nobody's in there. We're either early or late. I see a clothes rack in the corner, but some clothes are missing. Late.

We're just standing in the middle of the room. The wind gets knocked out of me, not by getting hit really hard, but by a familiar voice.

"Chastin?" He calls.

I feel a tug on my leggings. I look down and Darcy points at the figure. She hides behind me. I guess she inherited my shyness.

"Hi." I say quietly.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Guys it's so great to be back. I'm sooooo so sorry if this is too short. For some reason when I write the first chapters of books they're always short. -_- it's annoying.

:) mood change. here is chapter 1. I really hope you guys like it.

If you have ever seen True Jackson VP, it gave me the idea of making Chastin the youngest worker at her job, and a little with the name of where she works. And on the side is a picture of Chastin's outfit. Don't worry about where it says wardrobe staples. It was a contest.

That's that. Well thanks @Different_Nerd if you're reading this, for the beautiful cover.

I'll try and get a trailer, but don't hold your breath, because I don't know when I'll have it. I'll try next chapter.

Enjoy.

I L<3VE YOU GUYS!!!!

Until next update my lovelies. Baiii. XOXO