Chapter 2

-Recap-

We're just standing in the middle of the room. The wind gets knocked out of me, not be getting hit really hard, but by hearing a familiar voice.

"Chastin?" He calls.

I feel a tug on my leggings. I look down and Darcy points at the figure. She hides behind me. I guess she inherited my shyness.

"Hi." I say quietly.

* * *

I'm engulfed into a bear hug. Honestly I'm getting a little light headed.

"Um, can't...breathe." I sputter out. He releases his grasp on me.

"Holy shit Chastin. This is where you've been hiding for four years." He says loudly. I hear a tiny gasp.

"Um language." I say to him. His gaze then moves to Darcy. His eye's bulge out of his head. It's actually quite a funny sight.

"Is she yours?" He asks.

I nod my head, and look down at Darcy. Her big green eyes are staring up at me. She looks terrified. She's not very social. Darcy opens and closes her tiny fists for me to pick her up. Once I do she puts her head in the crook of my neck.

"Wow Chastin. I've missed you like crazy. Everybody has." I smile at this. "Let's go, there's people who'll be happy to see you." He takes my hand and pulls me down the hall.

"Niall where are we going?" I look at the blond hair, blue eyed boy...actually man.

"Hey there you are Nialler." I hear another familiar voice.

Liam.

"Mommy he talks funny like you." Darcy whispers in my ear.

"I know baby." I kiss her cheek.

Niall pulls me further in the room. Everybody is staring at me and Darcy. She buries her head further in my neck.

"Oh my God." Are the words that fall from three of them. The fourth man and the room, and the lady look utterly confused.

"Hi." I squeak.

"CHASTIN!" Louis envelopes me in a hug.

"Mommy." Darcy whimpers in my neck.

"It's okay baby." I tell her softly.

Louis lets go of me, just to look at Darcy. He looks from her, to me, to my stomach. It's almost like he can't believe I have a kid, which he probably can't.

"Hey there cutie." Louis says softly to Darcy. She tightens her rip on my.

"She's kind of shy." I say.

Liam is the next to hug me. "Oh my God Chastin. You're alive, and you have a daughter." He says. I feel like I could cry at any moment.

"Yeah a beautiful, shy little girl." I say when she tightens her grip on me again.

He lets me go. I couldn't miss the all too familiar curls, and those vibrant green eyes. He steps closer to me. My heart quickens its pace. When I think he'll hug me, or at least say 'hi', he just walks out of the room. I feel my heart break a little.

"So this is the famous Chastin." The woman states, not asks. She comes up and hugs me.

"I'm Lou Teasdale. The boy's stylist." She says with a small smile.

"Chastin Thompson." I return her smile. "I guess you already know me." I laugh a little.

"I'm Zayn." The more tan boy comes up to me. He. Is. Gorgeous.

"Chastin." I shake his hand.

"I like your style Chas." Niall uses my old nickname.

"What?" I furrow my eyebrows. I then follow his gaze to my top. Then I look at his shirt. They both say 'crazy mofos'.

"We could've matched all the way Niall. You should have ringed me." I joke. Everybody's face falls.

"What happened to you Chastin?" Liam asks.

I look down, then at my daughter who is now asleep on my shoulder. I take a seat on the couch while cradling her.

"College." I say nonchalantly.

"Chastin you changed your fucking number. Nobody knew where you were. We all thought you were dead. It's like you fell off the face of the Earth." Niall says harshly.

"I didn't, and I'm not dead. I had a baby, and got my college degree, while raising her." I scoff at them.

"Chastin do you know how hard you leaving was for everyone. Ellie thinks it was her fault. Your dad just tried to get the FBI involved. Your mum had to go to AA again. Paige is currently...well nobody knows. Harry is still so worked up about you." Louis says. I've never seen him so serious.

I begin to get mad. They have the nerve to bring Harry into this. They narrow their eyes at me.

"Look guys I have a healthy four year old daughter. I have a great job that pays well. I say I'm doing perfectly fine. They all look at Darcy.

"What's her name?" Niall says.

"Darcy Sofia Isabelle Thompson." I say proudly. I am very proud to have such a wonderful person in my life.

"Who's the father?" Liam asks quietly. I know he doesn't want to get too personal.

I see a change in Niall's face. When he catches my gaze on him, he looks away quickly. I'm lucky for when Harry decides to rejoin us. Even though he makes a lot of noise, which causes Darcy to make up scared.

"Mommy." She's back to her position in my neck. I shoot Harry an annoyed look.

"I have to go guys. I just came to check things out." I give each a hug, and leave out Harry. "C'mon baby, let's go get you some ice cream." she perks up at the mention of the creamy stuff.

"Ooh ice cream! I want ice cream." Niall says.

Pretty soon we're all in the ice cream shop. Lou didn't come with us, but their very lovely bodyguard Paul did. he scares the life out of Darcy, the boys not so much anymore. Harry is just quiet.

He doesn't say anything. Just sits and plays with his ice cream. I am curious to know what his problem is. The thing is I don't want to talk to him.

"Alright guys, how about we play catch up." I more tell than ask. They all agree anyways.

"You first Chastin. What's going on?" Louis nudges me from across the table.

"Well I'm a mum. I have a college degree, and a great job...guys I'm not that interesting." I groan.

"Mommy tell them about that story. The one with the evil witch, and the fair maiden." Darcy looks up at me. I know exactly what she's talking about.

"Not right now baby. I'll tell you it when we get home." she nods her head excitedly.

"What about you guys? How did Harry and Niall end up in a band together. Better yet how did all of you stay together?" I ask them. This has been the question nagging me since they became famous. I mean, there's always magazine and interviews of them, but I tried to avoid anything Harry over the years.

"Welll..." Harry finally speaks.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry to lave you guys with a cliff hanger. But how'd you like it. Is it too short? I think this one is longer.

On the side is a picture of Chastin, just incase you forgot what she looks like.

I'd like to dedicate this chapter to @Svetlokai for the awesome profile picture she made me. Thanks.

I L<3VE YOU GUYS!!

my lovelies. Baiii. XOXO