2. Table Seven

2. Table Seven: Archer's Pov

Chapter Goal (for Josephine's Pov): 300 votes

Gale: gail

QOTC- Apple vs Android

'Josephine is an interesting character.' I say to my wolf as we get into the car. Yesterday was crazy; I met my mate, she tried to reject me, I found out that she works multiple jobs, and again, I met my mate.

It's raining hard right now; the windshield wipers are barely managing to do their job. That's why I'm driving to where Josephine lives, so that I can pick her up and drive her to school. 'I gave you that idea.' my wolf chimes in. 'You wouldn't have thought of doing this if it weren't for me.'

Ignoring him, I continue driving to my mate's home. The car ride from the training area to there was nearly half and hour, today it's going to take longer because of the stormy weather. I can't believe that she would willingly walk to school when it's raining like this. Walking to school on a regular day for Josephine takes at least an hour, the rain is just going to make it harder for her.

Even though werewolves rarely ever get sick, being in the rain for long periods of time can give us a cold or something like that. Josephine is putting herself in danger by deciding to walk on rainy days like this. She could get sick, get lost, or even get hit by a car sliding on the road.

When I get to the place that she told me to drop her off at yesterday, I am finally able to see the place she actually lives in. I take out my phone and dial her number; I would just walk up to her front door and tell her parents that I'm her mate, but it's raining really hard now. My plan is to just tell her that I'm waiting outside and when she replies, I'll go up to her front door with an umbrella to walk her to the car like a gentleman. "Josephine, this is Archer. I'm outside to pick you up." I say into the phone when the call goes to voicemail. She didn't decline the call because it rang five times before her voicemail greeting started playing.

I try calling two more times, but then I result to texting. 'Josephine, this is Archer. I'm outside to pick you up.' is what I send to her. A little 'read' sign appears underneath the message, but the three little dots that signal if she's typing or not doesn't show up. 'I'm coming to your front door.' I text her, getting out of the car. Even though the umbrella that I have is big, it only shields the top three-quarters of my body. Anything below my knee is getting soaked by the rain water.

'Don't.' she replies.

'I'm already out of the car.'

'I won't open the door.'

'Then I'll knock and ring the doorbell. Your parents will open it for me.'

'No they won't.'

'Why won't they open it?' I ask. When people see their Alpha standing at the front door of their home, they immediately open it.

After a full two minutes of waiting, she finally answers, 'They're at work.'

'Then I'll just come inside.' If her parents aren't at home and if she doesn't have any siblings in the house, then there isn't any chance that she'll open the door for me. The only way for me to see her is if I let myself in.

'Don't.' she tells me again.

'My hand is on the doorknob.' I inform.

'It's locked.'

'I can always break the lock.' Almost immediately, the front door swings open and my mate stands against the doorframe. "Why are you here?" her voice is a little raspy, showing that she recently woke up.