21. Water Balloons

21. Water Balloons: Josephine's Pov

QOTC- which one of Josephine's family's perspective do y'all want to see?

Chapter Goal: 275 votes (what do y'all want?)

*6567 words

(fifth day of meetings)

Today I was reminded of my initial opinions about Alphas, Lunas, and other wolves of power. They may seem like the greatest wolves on the planet to their pack members, but that's only because everything in the supernatural world is fucking corrupt. From the outside, from a normal pack member's perspective, everything seems great.

The Alpha is a strong leader and protects the pack from foreign dangers, the Luna keeps everyone close together and works hard to keep pack life running smoothly, and the whole system just works perfectly. The people I'm able to associate myself with, however, we know that the system isn't fair.

I use to think that it was because of us, because we were lower than all the normal pack members. But I've recently been learning that it's because the system isn't aware of all of the things that happen to us. All of our situations go by unnoticed because the people involved make sure of it.

People like Archer take the time to listen whenever they find out about things like this, but not all Alphas are like him. A lot of Alphas, especially the ones at the meeting today that think they're in a higher position compared to the other Alphas, believe that just because things haven't been caught in their own packs, that these things don't happen at all.

Flashback

"Do you really think that those things happen in other packs?" Liam asks once I'm done explaining part of the Keaton situation. "I'm sorry, but this sounds like a domestic issue."

I know that Archer is going to say something, but I squeeze his hand to let him know that I'm going to do so instead, "Trust me, it's not a domestic issue. If you want proof, I can give you proof; a list of names, files, evidence of underground business happening on the outskirts of town."

"That won't be necessary." Liam shakes his head. "I don't allow such foolish business to run in my pack."

"Pierce Montgomery; I know you've had run ins with him related to trespassing and he's attempted to make deals with you, correct?" The last and first time I've seen Pierce was when Archer and I went on that pumpkin patch date, and ever since then, I've been finding more and more information about him. "He's a rogue that's been dipping in and out of everyone's territory in search for business."

After hearing I notice the facial expressions on a couple Alphas change. They know what I'm talking about. "Does you know about his whereabouts at this moment?" an older Alpha asks, looking at the others as if he's trying to make me look stupid in front of everyone. "Or did you just let him get away?"

"He won't be a problem to anyone anymore." Archer says, tightening his hold on my hand under the table. "I took care of him and gave him what he deserved."

Flashback Over

Throughout the entire trip, I've been feeling like a lot of the other pack representatives were trying to make me look stupid. I barely talked compared to everyone else, and each time I did, multiple people would try to twist my words around and make me seem confused or unaware of how packs run. Archer and Derrick both noticed it too, and I know it took a lot for them not to lash out on anyone at the table.

They acted a lot difference from how I personally know the two. I could tell that everyone was intimidated by our pack because of many reasons. Besides Blood Moon's reputation, we are physically bigger and the vibe Archer, Derrick, and Roland give off aren't very pleasant. Roland is the size of some of the Betas, Derrick is larger than half of the Alphas, and Archer just tops them all. It's kind of scary, but I found it funny how there were empty seats beside us during all the meetings. I would sit between Archer and Derrick, and they would have two empty seats on the other side of them.