38. We're Going Back

38. We're Going Back: Archer's Pov

Chapter Goal: 300 votes

QOTC- how do you feel about the new Wattpad update?

(two weeks later)

"You aren't going to keep training like this." I shake my head at Josephine, taking hold of her wrists for inspection. The moment I laid eyes on her when I got out my car, the first thing that caught my attention was the bruises on her arms. She's wearing a pair of shorts and a loose t-shirt, her current go-to outfit for hiding the fact that the pregnancy is beginning to show in her stomach.

"I know...." she trails off, almost inaudible with the noise of everyone else around us. "Today was my last day training with Nate and Eric."

Although she's begun consistently speaking again, she doesn't speak much with other people around. At home when it's just the two of us, conversations carry like normal, but if other people are able to hear her, she'll either speak quieter or will just speak less in general. "Where else do you have bruises?" I ask, frowning at how one particular bruise on her wrist is a dark purple.

"Here." she lightly puts her hand over her left side where her ribs are. "I'm okay, I promise." she raises herself up on the tip of her toes to kiss me, the two of us being interrupted when Nate clears his throat behind us.

"That is absolutely disgusting." he shakes his head when I pull Josephine closer to me and press my lips to hers once more.

"They aren't as bad as Wyatt and Elia, so you can't say anything." Eric puts his hand on Nate's shoulder, winking at Josephine.

"She's our baby sister, I can say whatever I want-"

"And that's why I'm her favorite brother." Eric gives everyone a broad smile, laughing at the fact that he's able to annoy Nate.

"I'm her favorite now, actually, she said so."

Josephine giggles at the situation, watching as her brothers bicker about who's her favorite. There's a smile on her face as she does this, thinking about how she's finally being able to have moments like this with her siblings again. We've been holding off on telling anyone about the pregnancy, mostly because Josephine is still in the phases of processing it herself. She won't admit it, but I know that she's still in shock.

I on the other hand, am as ecstatic as can be.

All I want is to be able to tell the whole world that I'm starting a family with the woman of my dreams. Josephine said that I could do it too; go ahead and tell everyone we know, but I want to wait until it's something that we can announce together. It'll be more memorable that way.

I also want to tell everyone in smaller settings; not just a big dinner where we announce it to everyone at once. I feel like it'll be more personal if Josephine and I are able to tell people the news individually or in small groups. But if we do it that way, we'll have to be timely since we both know that moment any of our siblings find out, the gossip will immediately spread, especially if Camille or Elia are one of the first we inform.

"Those should be healed by now." I snap out of my thoughts when I feel Josephine's hand tighten on mine, feeling uneasy when Nate calls her out on the bruises. "What's going on with your medication?"

I open my mouth to say something to her defense after a couple seconds of pass, but Josephine beats me to it. "I have tea." she whispers, causing Nate and I to look at her with a confused expression.

"Tea means gossip. News. Information. The scoop." Eric clarifies for us. "Damn, I didn't know you two were that old. But spill, Sophie, we need to know."