36. Celebrations

36. Celebrations: Archer's Pov

Chapter Goal: 300 votes

QOTC- who's your least favorite character from this book and why?

The room is dimly lit by sunlight streaming in through the curtains when I wake. I lay with my arms around Josephine's waist, her back to me as she continues sleeping. Memories of last night flash through my head and I can't keep my wolf from howling in my mind, ecstatic that we've finally completed the mating process with Josephine. I softly kiss the skin of her bare shoulder, examining the hickeys and love bites I left on her skin last night. The room is still really cold from when I lowered the temperature to accommodate her Heat, but I can't bring myself to get out of bed to turn off the air conditioning. Instead, I readjust the covers and wrap my arms tighter around my mate, knowing that if I'm cold, then she's most definitely freezing.

I don't really have anything planned for today, but I know that I want to spend it making memories with Josephine. This whole trip has been memorable, even though nothing was really planned and done on a whim. I want to be able to take a real vacation with her, especially since I know she hasn't been on one before, but that will have to wait for some other time. 'We need to take mate to the hotels more often.' my wolf states, making me wonder why we haven't thought of taking her to our hotels before.

I unintentionally let out a low growl when I feel Josephine wriggle in my arms, my wolf not wanting to let her go just yet. Feeling her trying to push away from me as she's waking up, I reluctantly let her go, beginning to feel nervous about her reaction to the events of last night. My greatest fear is that she'll feel regret or disappointment, however, her mind isn't focused on the subject at all as she wakes. She sits up and shivers, rubbing her eyes before looking around the room.

As she does this, I pretend to be asleep, liking to give her some personal time in the mornings. The bed dips a little more as she lays back down, this time facing me so her head is rested on my chest, her hands finding themselves behind my neck playing with my hair. There's a deeper connection within our bond today and the sparks from her touch are even stronger than when we were just marked. I thought that I was able to have access into her mind before, but now I'm able to not only hear her thoughts, but feel them as if they're my own. It's amazing.

Her mind is primarily focused on getting warm, so I pull her closer to my body and pull the covers up so they cover her bare shoulders. The atmosphere is peaceful and after a while, I think she figures out that I'm awake, but doesn't pay any mind to it. I can't help but wonder if she's going to begin speaking again today, putting up my mental wall so she won't hear what I'm thinking, even though she rarely ever looks through my mind.

Will completing the mating process be enough for her to verbally communicate with me again? Because if that's not enough, then what is? She spoke last night, but I'm wondering if she'll continue to do so now that her Heat has ended.

I look down at her and watch as she traces patterns on my chest with her finger. She feels my stare and glances up at me, blushing and giving me a small smile when we make eye contact. I hold back a growl when she shuffles upward to kiss my cheek, feeling her naked body rub against mine. Soon after, I end up sitting against the headboard with her in my lap, our chests pressed together as we face each other.

My heart skips a beat when she opens her mouth, looking as if she's finally about to say something to me. But just as she's about to make a sound, I feel a wave of anxiety and a little bit of fear come from her through the mate-bond, stronger than I've ever felt from her before. "It's okay," I tell her, putting my hand on her cheek to make sure she doesn't look away from me. "I'll wait until you're ready. No matter how long it takes."