7. Sophie

7. Sophie: Josephine's Pov

Chapter Goal: 400 votes (for an early update)

QOTD- what do y'all think of the story so far?

*there's a lot of POV switching in this chapter

"Happy now?" Archer rolls his eyes and hands me two granola bars.

"Mmmhmm." I nod, eagerly taking the nut-based food from him.

"I feel like I'm depriving you of food by giving you this." he says, not letting go just yet. We both look at the full plate of breakfast sitting in front of him and look back at the granola bars. "Just take some of mine. You can't possibly get full off of granola bars."

"I can." He still doesn't loosen his grip on my granola bars.

"At least eat some bacon or eggs." he pushes his plate in between us, but I push it back towards him and shake my head. I don't like bacon, I've never been a fan of it. Call me crazy, but I can't stand bacon. Every single other wolf I know loves the flavor and texture; the only thing I can focus on when I see bacon is all the grease, oil, and processed fat. "Why do you look so disgusted?"

"I don't like bacon

"Very funny. Eat." He tries to feed me a piece of bacon, but I don't open my mouth, refusing to let the piece of food in. "You're being serious aren't you." his question comes out more like a statement. He takes my silence as a yes, and I prepare myself for the typical werewolf reaction that I always get about my disliking of bacon. "Why don't you like bacon?"

"It's all the grease and stuff that makes me turn away." I answer, letting out a sigh of relief when he withdraws the bacon. "And the taste. I just don't like bacon."

"Then eat the eggs." Archer hands me a fork and points to the scrambled eggs on his plate. "I don't want you to be hungry."

"I just want a granola bar."

"It's not going to fill you up."

"Yeah it will." I open the granola bar and take a bite out of it. I rarely ever eat a real breakfast in the morning; I either don't have time to make myself anything like eggs, cereal, and all that stuff, or I don't have the ingredients. I've pretty much been living off of granola bars, protein bars, and nutrient supplements for the last two years. Alan and I go out to eat sometimes, but that's only when we absolutely need real food in us. Our main priority is paying bills, groceries come afterwards.

"If you get hungry, just tell me." Archer says after a couple minutes, looking at the nearly finished granola bars in my hand. Werewolves eat a lot; I'm not surprised that Archer is concerned about my eating habits. Two granola bars is considered normal for humans, but they manage to fill me up pretty well.

"I'm fine, Archer. Really." I shake my head, smiling to reassure him that I'm not rejecting his cooking for any major reasons. "I've been eating these for breakfast for a long time. I'm just not feeling eggs and bacon today."

"Okay then." he still stares at me funny. "I like your hoodie." he compliments after a brief pause.

"Thanks." I mumble, adjusting the piece of clothing. I don't like people saying things about this specific hoodie, even if it's something good. Comments just make me over think my decisions and I can't handle over thinking certain things like this hoodie. "What happens now?"

"What do you mean?" for some reason, my question catches Archer off guard and he ends up speaking with a mouthful of bacon.