6. The Feeling's Mutual

6. The Feeling's Mutual: Archer's Pov

Chapter Goal: (for an early chapter) 410 votes

QOTD- do y'all like My Broken Luna or Josephine's Secret more?

"Josephine get back." I push my mate behind me and make sure that I'm completely shielding her. She tries to get around me, but she knows that she can't move much since we're still in the trees. 'Is everyone in position?' I ask through the pack mind-link.

'Yes, Alpha.' I wait for at least one person from the other two groups to reply before I continue. 'When I give the signal, everyone charge into the hideout. Kill any rogues you see, they won't hesitate either. If you see any explosives, alert everyone else as quickly as possible; and if you need to shift, make sure that someone else covers you so you aren't vulnerable while shifting.'

I thought about telling Josephine to just stay out here and not fight at all, but I know that doing so would raise the chances of her getting hurt. She would just wait a little bit before entering the hideout and end up fighting without me by her side. I would rather have her fighting back-to-back with me than alone. She most likely has training in combat skills, but I can't help but worry. She's my mate afterall.

'Go.' I command, jumping out of the tree and landing on the ground, the rest of my wolves doing the same. As they storm into the building that the rogues somehow hid from my patrol, I turn to my mate and make sure that she's behind me, "Don't stray away from me, I'm going to stay by your side the entire and you're going to do the same."

"Got it." she nods, running into the building. Once we're inside, I immediately lunge for the closest rogue and go for a quick kill. The walls look like wood on the outside, but everything is made of stone on the interior. Blood splatters on the walls and floor, none I sense are my pack mates'. "This is a nice gun." my head snaps towards my mate and I see her standing over a rogue. No- not over, on top of a rogue.

"Pay attention to what's going on." I growl at her, angry that she left herself exposed like that.

"I am." she replies in a too casual tone for a situation like this. "Pew. Pew. Pew." she makes childish sound effects as she fires the gun that she looted. "BANG. BANG. BANG!"

"Thanks, Jo!" my head snaps to the left and I see that Josephine shot two rogues that were cornering one of her teammates. 'Protect mate.' my wolf reminds me.

"Bang, bang, bang, bang, DAB!" Josephine walks through the hut and fires four times at rogues she sees, firing at another rogue as she does a stupid dance move.

"Now isn't the time to play." I try taking the gun from her since she's being silly with it, but a rogue is thrown our way. "BANG!" Josephine shouts, firing without hesitation. "Dammit, I'm out of ammo!"

"Get down!" In one swift movement, I push her to the ground with on arm and use the other to pin a rogue to the stone wall. He fights back, but I quickly snap his neck and check on my mate. I don't even get to ask if she's alright because she throws herself at a wolf. I move to help her out, but I get sidetracked when five rogues run up to me. "Take down the Alpha!" one of them hollers.

It doesn't take more than two minutes to take of them, but it's long enough for me to lose Josephine in the mass of wolves. "Josephine!" I shout, trying to follow her scent. With my canines extended and claws out, I strike any non-pack members that I come across. I don't even ensure that they're dead, all I can think of is my mate.

The farther I travel through the hut, the closer my wolf gets to surfacing. "JOSEPHINE!" the next rogue that I encounter simply gets thrown backwards. The rooms I pass don't help to reassure me either, all them are either filled with weapons or have blood splattered on the walls.