30. Notes

30. Notes: Josephine's Pov

QOTC- do you like croissants?

*11003 words

I don't open my eyes as I wake up, finding it a lot more comfortable laying there in Archer's arms. The sparks from his touch are a lot stronger this morning and although it's different, I like it. It helps soothe the stress of all that life's been throwing at me lately.

Mornings are my favorite part of the day, especially when it's early enough where the world hasn't exactly started yet. It's peaceful, calm.

Instead of laying there on the bed with Archer until he wakes up, I get up and walk to the connected bathroom, having to hold in a groan when pain sears in my neck. It takes me a couple more seconds to remember what happened last night. "Shit." I catch myself saying aloud, afraid to see Archer's claim on me.

I lock the bathroom door and look into the mirror, seeing a trail of hickeys starting from my collarbone working up to where the mark itself is. It's a simple thing, just the scar of where his canines broke into my skin, but I know that the meaning of it is anything but simple. Everyone is going to be able to see it, sense it. I'm officially Archer's. And over the course of the next couple days, Archer will be officially mine when his mark develops in the same place on his own skin.

We aren't considered 'one' yet since we didn't complete the mating process, but we'll now be considered together. It's going to let other people in the pack know that we aren't just screwing around or pretending to have a relationship; it's going to let them know that we're real. That Archer and Josephine are a real thing.

The thought of spending the rest of my life with someone scares me, partially because I can't imagine anyone staying with me for that long. Nothing in life permanent, that's what life has taught me these past eighteen years.

My self consciousness makes me question if what I have with Archer is going to last. I really, really want it to, but realistically, something's gonna happen. I just hope I don't do anything to drive him away. And since the two of us are marked now, separating is gonna be even harder when he decides to let go of me.

'Don't think like that.' my wolf whines, not wanting to think about what would happen if Archer were to leave us. 'Mate is different... he has to be.'

I turn on the sink and splash my face in cold water, not wanting to risk another breakdown. The past two nights I tried to keep things contained, but Eric's situation and the Archer problem was to much for me to handle. It's still too much to handle.

Nate has made me realize that my relationships with our other siblings will never be what they used to. We're still trying to figure out what Keaton had to do with Elia's impersonation at the police station, what the hell is going on with Eric, and how everything ties together. In addition to that, Nate's still trying to adjust to normal pack-life and I still have school to worry about.

I know that I should talk to Eric privately. Even though he really fucked up by not responding to my mind-links, he still protected me for fifteen years. That's another reason why I hate going to see him. Because I know it's wrong to let him stay in a cell. No one's going to let me take him out, especially not alone, and I'm for sure not gonna try breaking him out. There are too many consequences that I'm not willing to deal with. The only way I'll speak with him privately though, is if it's a normal setting.

I'm not going to speak to my brother like he's a prisoner. Like he's a danger society. When we have our conversation, we are going to speak in a civil setting. No chains, no handcuffs, just two siblings having a conversation.