22. The Great Bagel

22 The Great Bagel: Archer's Pov

Chapter Goal: 300 votes (I find it funny how in the last chapter I lowered the goal and y'all suddenly decided to rebel and hit over 300 in a short amount of time)

QOTC- when do y'all start school?

*7815 words

(someone requested for me to do this scene in Archer's perspective, and I liked the idea, so I'm starting off the chapter with that)

"You go in first." I say.

I stay close behind Nate as he opens the door, only to step back when a bucket full of water balloons starts to fall on top of him. Screams escape both of our mouths as water continues to pour down on us, most of it hitting Nate, and then I hear two more splashes, meaning that two more water balloons were thrown at us from a different direction.

"Oh goddess." I hear Josephine gasp once the balloons stop popping. Nate uncovers his eyes and within a second, Josephine is jumping into his embrace, getting her clothes wet in the process.

"Sophie?" he questions, not realizing that it's her yet. "Sophie!"

"I missed you." my mate sobs, holding onto him. For a moment my wolf and I are wishing that she would have that reaction when seeing us, but I push those thoughts away and focus on what's going on.

Nate keeps his arms around his sister and chokes out, "I missed you too, sorellina."

When he puts her down, she doesn't let go until she realizes that her denim jacket was getting wet. "You're really here." she breathes out as if she's not believing it.

"You drenched me in water balloons." he lowly states, giving her a look.

"They weren't meant for you." Suddenly remembering that I'm standing right behind her brother, my mate sheepishly smiles at me, "They were meant for you."

She steps away from Nate and walks over to me, stands on the tips of her toes and wraps her arms around me, she whispers, "Thank you."

I smile at her and move to touch her, but stop when I remember that Nate is in the room and that he doesn't know that we're mates yet. "I'm going to go wash up and leave you two alone." I state, heading into the bathroom with a set of clothes that Josephine laid out on the bed for me.

After the bathroom door closes, I hear the two start talking. I try not to eavesdrop, I really do, but it's hard not to since the sound of the shower isn't very loud. "You're with the Alpha, aren't you." Nate's words come out more like a statement than a question. 'Yes she with us.' my wolf growls, thinking about Josephine being with someone that isn't us.

"How'd you find out?"

"One; the way you hugged him. And two; the way he looks at you." Nate says, making me smile a bit. I never really thought that it was very obvious that Josephine and I are a couple, but I guess it is, and that's not at all a bad thing to me either. "Why didn't you tell me yesterday when we mind-linked?"

"You didn't ask?"

Josephine and I already talked yesterday about why she didn't tell her brother about us when they talked yesterday, but he already guessed it. "Are you living with him too? Is that what you meant by you live near the packhouse with a roommate yesterday?"

"I wasn't lying, though." Technically she wasn't, we went over that yesterday too. It would be ideal to be able to just let everyone know that I'm the lucky man who's with Josephine, but I know we can't do that for a lot of reasons. My wolf and I really take pride in being her mate, though. "We do live near the packhouse. And we share a room, and we're mates, so I wasn't lying."