18. Her New Guard

18. Her New Guard: Nate's Pov

QOTC- do y'all want me to start doing chapters where I write everything in Josephine's Pov, then I write the same thing but in Archer's Pov? Or should I stick to my normal writing style?

Chapter Goal: 300 votes (for Nate's Pov)

"What do you mean I'm off the mission?" I ask, starting to become annoyed that they're making me stay back. Again.

For the past two and a half years, going on missions and distracting myself with work was the only way to keep my head from going into darker places. Everyday I wake up thinking of my youngest sister; is doing okay? Is she with Elia? Is anyone taking care of her? Does she still live with Alan?

"We received order from the Alpha to keep you inside of the base." Carl, one of the other Elites, answers.

"Why?"

"We don't know, he just sent the paper to us". he shrugs, looking just as confused as I am. He hands me a piece of paper and leaves me alone in the room to look over it.

Why would the Alpha send a paper to the base? We never get any mail or any visitors because our location is to be kept a secret. The only other people in the pack who are allowed to know the location of our base is the Alpha, Luna, and Beta. As far as we know, the pack doesn't have a Luna yet. We don't really get to hear certain things going on in the pack because we're so secluded, but we're usually the first ones to know when something official happens.

The letter the hand written and just states that I'm to be kept inside the base. It doesn't explain why I'm being held back or anything, just that I'm off all missions from here on out. This hasn't happened to anyone else here. "What the hell am I suppose to do here?" I ask aloud when I leave the room.

I've always been on back to back missions and tasks. The only downtime I've ever gotten at the base was spent training and preparing for my next mission. I have no idea what's been going on with my family these past few years and the uncertainty scares me. Is Elia doing okay in the place she's in? Did she ever manage to get out? Did our youngest sister get to see her again?

I did everything I could to try getting myself out of the Elite program, but someone kept signing papers in my name and meeting up with the Alpha pretending to be me. And since the finalization process was already completed, I wasn't able to get out of being deployed.

Walking past everyone and heading to my room, I throw the note onto the floor and take a seat on my bed. No one's rooms here are extremely luxurious since we're always sent off to take care of pack stuff, but our bedrooms are fairly decent. My room simply consists of a bed and chest of drawers to keep my stuff in. I haven't bothered to add anything to it since I'm barely in the base.

I take out a small cardboard box from one of the drawers and place it on my bed. It's been a while since I've looked at these.

Inside the box are a couple things that I have to remember my family by. I don't have anything besides an old family picture to remind myself of my mom or Scarlet. It's one of the only full family pictures we have where everyone is smiling.The photo was taken a year before my youngest sister's birthday.

My thoughts start drifting back to Elia and Josephine. I'm more worried about her than Elia, she's the baby of the family after all.