14. Happy Holidays

14. Happy Holidays: Josephine's Pov

Chapter Goal: (for the scene where Josephine first finds out that Archer is her mate) 390 votes

QOTC- what do y'all think of Josephine's family members? (her parents, Nate, Elia, Scarlet, and Eric)

"So what do you want to know about Keaton?" I ask.

Archer doesn't hesitate to answer my question, "Everything. I need to know everything about him."

"Give me place to start, Archer." I sigh, knowing that I've told him before that I can't answer questions unless they're specific.

"Why did he follow us out of the pack territory yesterday?" he asks.

"Because my term with him isn't over and I still owe him money." I answer, hoping that he won't blow up on me if I keep explaining things about Keaton. "Ive been using the money you refunded to me to pay back my debts. Even though I've been paying him back, I'm still supposed to be working for him."

Archer narrows his eyes at me, not understanding anything coming out of my mouth. "The jobs that I did for him required a lot of training. Keaton had to spend a lot of money and time training me, and he's not going to let all of that go to waste." I explain, trying not to get into too much detail about the way I was trained. "I've had... personal training from Keaton-"

"What the hell does that mean?" Archer growls, obviously thinking with his mind in the gutter.

"Relax." I roll my eyes at him, not liking that he's thinking of me that way. "I didn't let him do anything like that to me."

"You didn't let him do anything like that to you?!?" Archer's eyes start turning black, signaling that his wolf is starting to surface. "He tried to touch you, didn't he?"

When I keep silent, Archer let's out an even louder growl. "Has anyone else ever try to touch you?!?" he asks through gritted teeth. "Josephine I need an answer."

"They're all going to die." All of a sudden, he stands up and walks over to his desk. Before he can pick up his phone to make a call, I ask, "What are you doing?"

"I'm about to let all of our pack members know to look out for Keaton. What's his full name?"

"You can't do that." I shake my head, flinching when he growls at me again. "Why do you keep trying to protect him?"

"I'm not being like this to protect him." I shake my head, starting to get frustrated that he and I are on different pages here. "I'm being like this to protect you and the rest of the pack. As I told you before, there are some loyalty issues in the pack right now. I don't know who they all are exactly, but a lot of your warriors, guards, and trackers work for Keaton. They're part of the reason I only go to the training center at night."

Once he hears this, he stands up straight and walks back over to me on the couch. "Are there people at the training center who have tried touching you too?" he asks, looking as though he's getting ready to kill someone. "Why the hell didn't you tell me these things sooner?"

"I didn't feel the need to." I say, starting to regret bringing up the topic of Keaton. I know that Archer is going to eventually find out anyways, but I didn't think that he would react like this. "All of that is in the past, so there's nothing you can do about it. And it's not like anything too intimate happened."

"You are my mate and I'm not going to let anyone get away with doing anything to you. I don't care what it is, they're going to be punished."