37. I'll Be Extra Nice

37. I'll Be Extra Nice: Josephine's Pov

Chapter Goal: 300 votes

QOTC- Who do you think is the bigger threat right now, Keaton or Josephine's mom and Scarlet?

Finishing my toast, I glance to where Archer's still sleeping and wonder whether or not I should wake him. 'Give mate until noon to wake up.' my wolf tells me. It's only about half an hour until noon, so agree.

Currently, his arms are wrapped around one of my thighs, using my lap as a pillow as I sit against the headboard watching tv. I dust a few crumbs off of his face that came from my toast, then look back up at the tv. 'We didn't get to tell mate last night.' my wolf frowns. 'Maybe we should do something special to tell him.'

'But if he isn't happy with it, then what would we do?' I ask her, fearing doing something special to break the news to him only for him to get angry when he finds out.

'Tell mate to suck it up and love us.' my wolf answers in a 'duh' tone. 'We've talked about kids before remember? He said he wanted to start a family in the future.'

'Exactly. In the future. As in not right now.' I say. Sure, we've talked about wanting to start a family in the someday, but neither of us ever thought of starting one right now. 'Honestly, we can just not say anything about it and wait for him to figure it out himself.'

'I think mate will be surprised, but he won't be mad at us. He'll support us. I know he will.'

The only people who know besides me are Laura, Vivian, and Doctor Eaton. The only way for him to find out is if he asks for the appointment reports from my visit to Doctor Eaton yesterday.

Flashback

'I'm the overhead pack doctor, Luna. Your family and the Alpha's are my only real patients.' Doctor Eaton tells me after I text her about whether or not she's open today. 'I'll meet you in my office in fifteen minutes.'

I look at the three sticks laid on the sink counter, not knowing what the hell to do with them. One says the word big and bold, one has a plus on it, and the other has two lines on it; all of them telling me I tested positive. Taking a picture of them with my phone and sending it to Doctor Eaton, I tell her not to say anything to anyone before wrapping them up with toilet paper and throwing them in the trashcan outside. Luckily for me, trash day is tomorrow.

"You okay?" Roland asks when he picks me up.

I send him a smile as we make the short drive to Doctor Eaton's office, trying to tell him that nothing's wrong. "Text me if you need time to pick you up." he says, driving away after I'm inside the building.

"You want me to do a test just to be sure?" Doctor Eaton assumes. I nod and follow her further into the infirmary, performing my fourth urine test of the day.

Twenty minutes later, I'm sitting in an office chair across from her, trying to pay attention to our conversation as I stare at the word 'positive' on the appointment report laying in the table between us. "Do me a favor? Please?" for the first time in a while, I speak to her, immediately catching her attention. "Don't tell Archer about this yet. I want to tell him myself."

"Of course, Luna."

Flashback Over

I'm still in shock about it myself.

How the hell am I suppose to react?

How the hell am I suppose to feel?

I didn't cry, which I'm not sure is a good or bad thing. Should I have cried tears of joy? Tears of fear? Tears at all? My overall reaction to it could be summed up in one word: oh.