(7)

You looked confused at what Kisame was saying.

"What do you mean? This is only a picture. Do you really think he'd betray the Mist like that?" You said concerned.

"It is a possibility, after all we are in his 'secret' hideout. All of these scrolls are from the Mizukages office, and are protected by skilled shinobi. These scrolls contain information that is sacred to the Mist. He would have access to them because of his rank in the village. He is honored like the other swords men." Kisame explained

"Why do you think he would even betray the Mist?" You asked

"There is no explanation for his actions. Keep searching." He said boldly.

We kept scrummaging through his stuff. Loads of information about the Hidden Mist. About each and every shinobi that lives in the walls of the village. All of the Mizukages, and even the previous swordsmen. This is madness. You were soon convinced that he had betrayed the Mist.

-2 hours later-

You and Kisame weren't even a quarter of the way through the scrolls.

"Kisame, how long do you think he's been taking from us?" You asked

"According to the Mizukage, about four years now." Kisame responded

"What?! Why didn't he suspect earlier?" You yelled

"There is no telling what had swayed he to believe that nothing was wrong."

"Wait, he has know about this for four years? Just how long have you been trying to solve this?"

"Just as long as it's been going on. I have been here since the beginning."

You stood silent as the words struck you. Why wait so long if he already knew?

"I have actually been suspecting him for a while now." Kisame stated

"How come you haven't said anything?" You asked looking in his direction.

"I didn't want to be to suspicious, so I started my own search. Looking into files about him. Searching for anything that could bring him down. But apparently his record was clean."

"Kisame if you get caught you can be exiled from the village!"

"But to me it was worth it, to protect the village. The down side is that I'd lose one thing." He looked at you.

"U-uh why a-are you looking a-at me like t-that?" You stuttered.

-CRASH-

Scrolls and merchandise fell off the shelves leaving you no time to move. Kisame quickly grabbed you and pulled you into an embrace. Even though it wasn't life threatening, he would want to make sure you were safe.

"I could have moved myself ya know." You told him

"Yeah but I didn't want anything to happen to you." Kisame blushed. "Let's get out of here."

You both went back out the door and made your way back up the sewer pipe.