19

I awoke with a grin plastered on my face. Today marked the two week mark before me and Cayden get married! I was doing backflips in my mind until i noticed i had been making Cayden stir with my sudden burst of delight. I tried to pretend i had went back to sleep, so i quickly placed my head back on his chest and evened out my breathing. "I know your up Jess your thoughts are too happy for a sleeping person.". He said with a deep husky chuckle as he placed a loving kiss to my temple. "Jeeze!" I said mocking being hurt. "I can never get away with anything," which got another hardy chuckle and a cocky smirk out of Cayden.

'I don't think i will ever get enough of those deep blue eyes or that messy dark hair' i thought to myself while admiring my mate. I realized Cayden had been listening to my thoughts as i forgot to put my mind block, that i always had up, back up again. He gave me a loving smile "I don't think ill ever get enough of you either," he said while giving me a light but loving kiss on my lips.

I tried to get up but was quickly pulled back onto the bed by a groggy and hormonal alpha. 'It could be that I was going through heat' i asked my wolf and she said that wouldn't be coming for another three weeks. So i dismissed it as being Cayden just wanting me all to himself. I tried prying free of the horny Cayden but he just wasn't going for it. It was now 9:30 if i didn't get up now i would never make it down in time to make breakfast and tell Cayden i was going dress shopping. I had to come up with an excuse and quick. "Cayden if you don't let me go i swear you won't have any balls for our honeymoon.". I states as a matter of factly. That received a groan and a "Low blow" from him as he let me go. I just smirked and pranced my way over to the bathroom to take a shower. "You'll tank me for it later". Was all i said before turning the shower on and draining out the sounds of the defeated Cayden.

About 20 minutes later i was down in the kitchen cooking breakfast. Thank god nobody was up yet considering it was a Saturday morning. The first person down the steps was Rebecca along with her shabby looking mate at her heels. I just made them both a cup of coffee and told them breakfast would be done in a minute Becca high fives me and her mate half saluted to me. i just gave them both a quirky grin and a chuckle as the mocked me. The food was done and ready to be served as the people started filing in i noticed Cayden hadn't cane down yet, so i left Becca in charge of making plates for the children. As i walked up the stairs i couldn't help but wonder what he could be doing that would take him so long.

When i got to the door i noticed it was ajar so i stepped in quietly. I heard the shower running so i knew he was taking a shower i had walked into the room about to grab the handle and tell him to hurry when a small slim hand with a cloth slapped around my mouth . The towel was cloaked in chloroform my vision was getting hazy. I felt someone pick me up but seem to strain. It had to be a female, i sniffed the air trying to pick out the sent only to be horrofied. Everything went black.

Cayden's POV

I thought i heard my little mate slip inside the room trying to be sneaky and take a shower with me. I guess i had heard incorrectly when i tried to hear for sounds i heard nothing. I quickly got out the shower trying to find Jessica. I went down stairs to join the rest of my glorious pack and see if Rebecca knew where my mate was.

I haven't been seeing much of my pack lately. I've been so enthralled by Jess i haven't been to much worried about anything other than her. I walked into the kitchen and everyone bowed their heads in respect. "Goodmorning everyone!" i exclaimed and proceeded to my sister and her mate who Collin, my beta.

"Rebecca!" i said lunging at my sister picking her up in a bear hug. "Cayden c-can't b-breathe" was all she squeaked out before i had a sympathetic looking Collin at my heels begging me to put her down. I put her down to my dismay i loved my sister but this her and my best friend thing was way to wierd. Anyways i needed to find my mate. "Rebecca have you seen Jessica?" i asked still amused as Collin was trying to calm her down. "She went upstairs to get you like twenty minutes ago" she said still struggling on her breath. I could feel my face pale, she had come in the room but who else had come in with her. I averted my gaze and ran up the stairs at abnormal wolf speed. I sniffed the air only to have my wolf begging for me to let him loose. I took another deep breath and caught on to three scents. My mates, the smell of chloroform, and who elses. I couldn't quite pick it out, i started to think and the only person that smelled of the rotting soil and burned ashes was Taylor. My body began to shake as i ran down the stairs.

My mate had been kidnapped! i will kill Taylor was all i thought as i went to Collin and barked orders at him. I got Rebecca alone to ask her some questions. "Do you know any of Taylor's secret places to go to?" I asked pretty sire the hopeful glint was in my eyes she shook her head. My face fell, i knew it. My mate was gone and there was nothing i could do about it. i simply nodded at her to leave. About thirty seconds after she left i heard Jess' voice blair through my head ! I was shocked and happy as my wolf recognized my mate was ok. "Cayden!" "Jess where are you are you ok?" "No Taylor has me and i don't have much time to tell you, she took me to the warehouse about 3 miles away she cloaked her scent. I heard her talking about moving me in about an hour come quick and i love you!" was all i heard before she blocked me out of her head. I knew where she was and Taylor was going to die.