1

Flashback.   
Mels P.O.V
"It'll be okay" said Deedee, cupping my head to her chest.

"I know what's going on Dee. I just want everything to end. I want to start over" I said, wiping a tear of my face on to her shirt.

"We can start over" she said

"How?" I asked

"Lets start it off with simple steps. A new name perhaps?"

I have been thinking about changing my name, because of what happened to mom.

"I want my name to be Melissa. Though, Call me Mel" I answered.

"Great, Mel, I'll be Teresa" she said.

"I want everything to change. I want my home back" I whined.

Teresa looked around the room, lifted my head up, then walked over to a cupboard. She opened the left wing, and took out a clear container, with blue texture in it.

"We can dye your hair" she said, with a smile, holding back the tears of how messed up the world had become.

I looked at the container. It had a strange blue mixture in it. I didn't know what it was, or if it would burn my hair off, but I trusted Teresa.

"Do it" I said

We were in our so called "bathroom". Small room, grey walls, and one tiny window in the corner, which was the only source of light as of now. There were a bunch of empty metal shelves, and in the centre of the room, was a bathtub.

Teresa brushed my hair out, and put my head onto the edge of the bathtub, making sure I was comfortable, then began to dye it.

Her hair color was the same as mine. I didn't know how the blue would show, but It didn't matter...

Teresas face was right above mine, and her hands were, as if playing in my hair with the blue substance. 
Her sharp blue eyes reminded me of the bright skies we had in our city, before the cranks flooded the streets of it

W.I.C.K.E.D

After finishing my hair, letting it dry, and talking, I wanted to take a look at it.

"Is it completely dry?" I asked.

"Yes" said Teresa, after doing one last stroke with the hairbrush.

"Can I see?" I asked.

I know Teresa wouldn't let me...

"You know the only mirror we have is in ma's room. Means we have to go in there to see" answered my sister.

"Well, we can go in and bring her lunch while we're at it" I offered.

"I guess that'll do"

Mom was sick.

A crank.
Thats why Teresa never let me in there. She said that she can go in their, because she's immune, but doesn't know if I am.

My mom got chained up to the wall by my dad, before he left, in order for her not to her us.
Even though she wouldn't eat, and would have piles of broken plates with pieces of food lying around, we still bring her meals, hoping she would eat for once. Thats what family does.

Teresa held a plate with the lunch, and I walked behind her to moms room.

There was a rusty mirror on the left wall.