16

What

The

Hell.

Did I hear him  properly?

I turned to the boys section, and saw Minho whisper something into Newts' and Thomas' ear. He began to push through the crowd until he got to the open area in between the two sections.

Why is he giving in so easily? Knowing him, he wouldn't leave without a fight. Maybe he isn't panicking as of right now, sooner or later, he'll completely loose it. I know.

Minho slowly started walking towards Janson. I started sprinting, but then Brenda grabbed me by the arm.

"What are you doing?!" she exclaimed.

"Let go!" I yelped.

I proceeded walking towards him, which turned into a fast walk because he was WAY ahead of me. I stopped in front of him, and put my hand on his forearm.

"What do you think you're doing?!" I asked, almost whispering, because the whole village was dead quiet.

"They ordered. I go" He answered.

"You NEVER give up without a fight, Min, you can't simply leave!" I said

"Mel, If I don't go, they'll shoot up this place. I can not let that happen. If you get hurt, I will loose my shit, I would better be abused, knowing you are alive, than staying here, and letting you die"

He continued walking, and I followed him.

"Please, Minho, stay. We'll protect each other" I said, limping behind him as he continued walking.

I felt the tears filling up behind my eyes, but I was not going to let them fall. I can't let W.I.C.K.E.D know I have a soft side, or anyone really. I was over that "Old Mel". I still followed him, like I was a lost puppy trying to get past the confusion of why nobody would take me. Then, I put my hand on his shoulder, and turned him around. We were already about 10 meters away from where Janson, Ava Paige, and Teresa were standing. Snipers were already aiming at me from a distance.

"Promise you won't forget me?" I asked him.

He simply nodded.

Why was he acting so calm about this? I hoped that at any moment he would realize what he was doing and snap out of it, but he wasn't.

Then, two guards grabbed him by the arms and pushed him away from me. I crossed my arms and watched.

Why didn't anyone shoot me yet? Everything would be so much easier if they did. Easier for me. No, that was not our goal. Our goal is to find a way out of this, until we go down. It doesn't matter how, or when, but we will. Maybe we'll lose a bunch of people, but we will save a lot too. I took a deep breath in, and saw the guards let Minho go and him walk slowly into the open berg.

I tried to cut through and say a REAL goodbye, but that was when Janson stopped me.

"Where do you thing you are going?" He asked

"I can't even say a proper goodbye?" I asked.

"Why do you need to do that?" asked Ava, "You'll probably see him soon"

"Yeah, emphasize on the word probably" I said back

"Just let them say—"

I wasn't listening to what Teresa was saying, because I saw Minho turn around, and start jogging back to me. I began sprinting towards him, and heard a gun shot fire, but Minho worked fast enough and pulled me away from the flying bullet.