4

Im pretty sure Teresa was lying. There had to be a different reason why she put the blame on me. What if there isn't?

Dr. Mary Cooper came back with Teresa.

"Melissa, you need someone to comfort you" said Mary.
"I don't want her here" I said quietly.

"Then who do you want?" Asked Teresa

"Anyone. Anyone, but you" I replied.

"I'll leave you two some time to work things out while I get someone else" said Mary, and left.

Teresa didn't move.
We suddenly heard noises coming from above in the vents.
I looked at Teresa, and saw blood sprouting from her scalp.
Hallucinations weren't wearing off.
They were so vivid, they felt so real, but I kept telling myself if they were real, Teresa would be losing it.
"Who, Or what do you think is up there?" She asked.
"Why don't you go check" I said.
To my surprise, Teresa grabbed a stool, stood on it, and peeked her head out into the vent after removing the covering.
"Who's there?" I asked

I didn't see Teresas head, but I saw her neck pipit in a position as if she was nodding to someone.

"Teresa?" I asked "Who is there?"

"Aris" she finally answered.

A few moments later, Teresa was jumping into the vents to be with Aris.
And I was alone...
It reminded of one night in the maze . The night I found the exit. In the maze it was so quiet. Not a griever in sight, which made me more nervous. It felt uncomfortable, but at the same time it felt nice to see the maze (aka a death cage) in piece.

I wasn't worried about Teresa, sense she was with Aris, and started to doze off to sleep, when I heard the door smash open.
I spring my eyes open, as Minho, Newt, Thomas, and Frypan entered the room.
"Fry, get the door! Newt and Thomas,  break that window! It's our only way out. I'll get Mel!" Yelled Min.
Thomas and Newt scattered for objects to break the glass with, as Fry was pinned to the door.

"Hey, we're leaving this place. Its W.I.C.K.E.D. But Thomas got a plan" said Minho, brushing his hand on my cheek.
I started removing the Blood bag, as Minho removed the IV.

We heard the glass shatter.

"Come on! Lets go!" Yelled Thomas, as Fry and Newt jumped out.
Minho lifted me up, and led me to the window. I began crawling out, and Thomas helped me down.
We started running, but I was slower than the others (obviously) and eventually ended up in a dead end.
"What now genius?" Asked Fry Thomas.
"I got this" said Thomas, and showed us a W.I.C.K.E.D card, the one which can open the huge metal door enclosing us.
We started putting the card into the sliding slot, but it didn't activate the door open.
"Who's side are you on?"  We suddenly heard  Janson say.
We turned around, and saw him in front of a group of armed guards.

"Open the doors Janson!" I yelled.
"I don't want to hurt you, but if I have to I will"
Right when he said that, the door opened, and Atis, Teresa, and Winston were waiting for us.
"Hey guys" said Aris, we ran to them, and when we turned around, Thomas was still face to face with Janson. Only then I noticed Thomas had a gun on him.
"You can't keep us here! We're not your labrats! You're killing humanity, more than saving it!" Exclaimed Thomas.
"Thomas, Im not wishing you any harm, but—"
Janson got cut off by Thomas firing the gun, rapidly, and running to us. The ammo ran out, and he dropped the gun.

"Close the doors! CLOSE THEM" Yelled Janson into his walkie-talkie.
The heavy meal door began dropping.

"Run Thomas!" Shouted Newt.
The door began closing faster each second, as he was running.
The door had about a meter left till the ground, and Thomas slid down on his back to us, just as the door closed.

Winston broke the sliding slot for cards, with a crowbar he found laying around.
The room was empty, and there was a HUGE door in front of us with a lever beside it.
How many doors are here?
While the others were looking around, though there was nothing to look at, I walked up to the lever and began to pull it.
I grunted.
Newt and Minho turned around to me.
"Mel, why are you doing?" Newt asked.
"Its the only way out of here. You guys wanna leave right?" I said.
I continued pointing.
Now everyone was glaring.
"Can anyone help me? I've just gotten out of surgery I'm not fully rested" I said, letting out some air.
Immediately, Thomas and Minho ran up to help me, and the door began to open.
Sand began to fly in.
Sirens went off...
We all began sprinting out, to wherever we were going to, as people of W.I.C.K.E.D were looking for us. Like they were grievers.
And we were the runners.